Your new Captcha login is annoying and

@Elk can. He did so for many back then.

Hi, Robert

Your identity is restored! Sorry about the random change.

Like I’d ever do that!

Probably because cookies are retained in Firefox.

Try this to fix Firefox

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1163565

Is there any chance to turn this back?

The annoying captcha is not the main problem, but the fact that the „remember me“ checkbox just works for a very short period since introduction of the capture.

Since then therefore we have a more annoying login process even more often. :dizzy_face:

1 Like

took me a while to figure out what on earth a “crosswalk” is before i could login…

2 Likes

Yesterday I had a login (not here) that none of the requested items were on the Captcha image. The correct choice was “skip”. It took a while to figure that one out.

3 Likes

Switch to Math options?

9 Likes

OK I get the need for a Captcha. But blast it what’s up with the blurry images telling me to pick all squares with a particular poorly resolved object in them. Yes! I am not a robot but even my organic human brain can’t super-resolve someone else’s horrible photography.
I had to complain about something with my morning coffee. I’m just in the anti-Captcha mood today.

1 Like

I don’t log out and stay logged in to the forum, so when I re-visit I don’t see any reCaptcha challenges when I visit.

1 Like

This isn’t Top Secret NSA level clearance login.
It’s an audio end user forum.

Wouldn’t there be a risk of auto bots flooding the site with messages and sending fake private messages to members with phishing links that could steal members’ private data stored on devices? :thinking:

2 Likes

Are you logging out every time you leave the site? I ask because whenever I leave the site I just close the window and when I access it the next time I’m already logged-in.

I always log in checking the “remember me” box, and do not log out. Most of the time, when I come back, I need to log in unless I do not close the program. And the pictures that captcha uses are so dang blurry, half the time I can’t tell if such or such is in the picture or not.

1 Like

My PC laptop must be presenting some sort of credential when I access PSA because it simply opens to the Forum page.

Once in a while that happens, but maybe 20-30% of the time, and it’s whether I use my iPad, or my PC. And it’s not just my PSA accounts, either. It’s any that have the “stayed logged in feature”. Maybe I have a GREMLIN infestation, and they are trying to aggravate the hell out of this old man (gotta give them credit, they’re doing a mighty good job of it!)

I’ve used computers and then PCs for almost 50 years (part of that at an IT company) but if I said that I understood some of this stuff I’d be lying so I sympathize.

My browser is set to clear the cache when I close it.
Hence, I have to go through the routine when I log back in.
Most of time they are crappy pictures.
They also require one to go through several of them. Like 3 or 4.
It’s idiotic.

Yes somehow someone could steal a user name and password and flood the site with erectile dysfunction or extended warranty ads without these lovely barriers.

Maybe use one and do not use this prehistoric picture method from 2009.

Likewise.