Your Next Upgrade? (Part 2)

I’m not judging anyone. And no one I know has unlimited funds.

I just have no use for the huge amount of imported Chinese copycat junk that is priced at 10 times (or more) what it should sell for. The actual cost to produce most of that stuff is about 5% of the USA asking price so at 10% the seller is doubling their money.

2 Likes

Vern…I didn’t mean to pass judgement on you. Just a comment!

1 Like

No worries at all. I am a very avid USA flag waver and have been my whole life. :grin:

I guess I should revise that viewpoint to be all free democratic countries.

I have no use for countries that are not. There is no way to know how much the real cost (personal health, environmental health, personal safety, etc.) of anything produced in those places.

4 Likes

The D90 III Topping Dac seems interesting.

I assure you it’s not

1 Like

Last days I had a new toy for testing in house.
Hmmmm. I really don’t know what to make of it yet.

It is unusual to see the amplifier as the smallest device…

12 Likes

Perfect excuse to get a new amp!!! :wink:

3 Likes

Is that a Tambaqui next to the Grimm MU2? Are they part of your evaluation? Thoughts if you want to share.

2 Likes

No it is the MolaMola Perca stereo amplifier. It is their latest class D design without a pre.
This way i can test the pre section from the Grimm.
My Kula amp is an integrated with a Tambaqui board inside. I could set the Grimm output “fixed” to use the pre from an integrated. But does this make sense???
Would it be wise to connect any preamp or integrated after the Grimm analoge output or better to take monos etc…

5 Likes

BACCH-SP xdio, check.
Grimm MU2, check.
I am curious about your speakers.

4 Likes

Still the Finkteam Borg E2. Have you ever compared Grimm connected directly to the Apex or is it always connected the Commander?

3 Likes

Oh the Borg E2! Now I remember.
Later today I will hook the MU2 straight to the Apex. Thanks for the reminder! It’s been too easy to just enjoy the current sound. Reaching for something else seems, unnecessary. But folks want to know.

8 Likes

Is the floor actual Marble??? (Hope Hope Hope!)

3 Likes

Thanks for the contact! Almost ordered a Stealth 20-20, but my trip is coming up in a week. Then another trip after we come back. You’re making me thinking about Stealth more lately. This is a top secret from my wife, or she will ensure that my dream dies on the trips🤕

5 Likes

And is still good that she does not browse audiophile forums. :wink:

4 Likes

That looks like porcelain tile to me. More stain resistant.

2 Likes

Kind of. I think it’s called delft in english. It gives a nice contrast to the other floor.

8 Likes

Listening to DSD256 music on the MU2. No BACCH. Wow. This is pretty swell. The Tambaqui is like heart palpitations. This is smooth like babies feet. Mmmmmmm.

9 Likes

I worked in a building where all the floors were 25mm thick Marble. I really liked that surface. And it was everywhere. Fun.

2 Likes

Lucky guy. We are not so privileged in our company… at least the coffe taste good

2 Likes