Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

I’m happy with mine. Are you getting the dual output version?
That’s what I have (for my server & ER).
I’m impressed with the Statement DC cable.

Did you read the Audio Bacon review?

2 Likes

Thank you for your input @Bauer. This is encoraging.
I have been using Hdplex 300 (4 rail) for a while and thought it’s time to try single rail power supplies starting with Roon core and LAN switch. Plixir gear is stackable. The first time I heard of Plixir was a year back from a pamphlet that came with Melco S100. Another one came with ADOT Fibre kit.

I did read the review noted above, and watched the video. When it comes to linear power supplies and power cables, Audio Bacon did fill gaps left by others :+1:t2:.

1 Like

I would like to try that on my P10. It would be interesting to hear the difference between it and an AQ Thunder.

1 Like

Great, I never read such a review before. It’s comparative, honest and detailled, it’s perfect.

And because it’s so honest, you end up not wanting to buy any PSU :wink: Because everything is a compromise. Because there is no “best”, no bargain winner or no “does it all” expensive one.

One doesn’t even want to buy the 7,5k unit, reading the not solely improvements to even the stock PSU described.

That’s how it is folks. If you compare, you have to decide and rarely the decision is an easy one if one’s honestly comparing.

Great stuff, will dig deeper into this site.

2 Likes

I recently purchased an used, Edcor modded DS Sr. from a fellow forum member. I’ve got it mainly to connect to my PST to enjoy listening to my small SACD library as my other DAC does not have an I2S input.
Now I am awaiting delivery of a pair of Iconoclast Gen2 XLR cables to connect the DS Sr. to my BHK Pre (upgrading from AQ Red River)
Fun times ahead!

11 Likes

New Toy Alert!!

2 Likes

Al . . .

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

The cable is currently burning in on the inlet of a powerstrip (a Wattbox) that powers my workstation, a laptop, four monitors, a ten port switch, and two usb hubs. I’m going to let it cook until the weekend of the 19th and then I’ll put into service with one of my P10’s.

I’m eager to hear your findings. I’m much more of a DIY’r than I’ve exercised in recent times and I’d like to get feedback from an objective party not necessarily marketing their own products. That’s certainly not in criticism of those starting a business, but whoever you’d ask, I’m sure would tell you they offer results that are superior to others.

1 Like

I’ll be comparing it to the custom Cardas Clear Beyond XL cable I currently have installed. I really like the Cardas. It brought a very full and broad soundstage. I genuinely feel like it added a new depth to my Sopra 2’s.

3 Likes

Having wiped out a cartridge a few weeks ago, got some perplex cut and stuck it together. Does the job nicely. As the turntable weighs about 20kg, it’s all pretty solid and there is a perspex spacer under the foot at the back to keep it level.

6 Likes

I just adore that turntable, it’s soooo beautiful.

Would love to hear something at that level, I bet it’s absolutely incredible.

You’re welcome anytime, although preferably after about 1am. I have never thought of changing it.

1 Like

If JFK had a shield like yours in Nov. 1963, he’d still be alive !!

1 Like

Too soon…

8 Likes

O.K. boyos (and any lurking girlyos), I finally rearranged my system to improve the layout (getting a better overall separation of power cables from signal cables was my main goal, along with rearranging the stack of sources).

This included taking the time to insert one of these puppies into the system (not my picture):

So far, things seem a bit quieter and I sense that some lower level details that I did not notice before are eking out some of my favorite “demo” tracks. More listening is required after I hook up the last of the source gear (still need to place my modified Dynalab Etude tuner and Sony PS 4). My system does double (Stereo and HT) duty.

[PS: Bought this used from a fellow forum denizen.]

2 Likes

Very funny!

MIL-STD, interesting.

I am really looking forward to seeing this when it arrives at my local shop. I am very interested in the WM1AM2.

2 Likes