Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Finally received shipping status on my MKII that I ordered in January. Should be here Saturday!

3 Likes

Where do you put the rekkid? :rofl: :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Oh you don’t play records with that thing. It’s just for show.
“I got nothing useful in my pants, but look at this here MONSTER!!”

(Oh wait, I have a really large amplifier)

6 Likes

With about 90 minutes of listening time under my belt last evening, I have already decided this gizmo is a keeper (barring any technical issues):

2 Likes

Good luck. I sincerely hope the technical issue, if it arises, isn’t fried electronics. No way I’d bypass the actual physical fuse with a slug. Too risky for my liking. Hope to hear only positive things from your experience and no smoke coming out of your amp surprises. Out of curiosity, what are the warranty implications using this box and bypassing the fuse in the equipment as designed for its protection? Anyone know?

I can only assume…like you.

See here:

I am comfortable with the technical soundness (no pun intended) of placing a newfangled “breaker” in the signal path instead of the fuse.

So far, the sonic impact seems to be favorable.

1 Like

These reminded me that I wanted to try these ones:
Cable riser - Finley Audio

1 Like

Oh that’s a nice cheap option. I ended up trying as power plug holders in rear of P20 but the base is too big, the plugs too close and the power input cord blocks two columns of receptacles.

I ended up using them as speaker wire holders. Did not need the tall add ons.

1 Like

So you actually remove the fuse and insert the slug thingy in its place ??

1 Like

Correct.

to quote you: “Too risky for my liking.”
I’m sure you will hear some horror stories coming out from owners with sub-par electrical protection.

1 Like

I wonder if the power cord between the wall and the box matters. If it does it becomes a pricy alternative for me because I am a sucker for expensive cables. A Master fuse suddenly looks reasonable now. :joy:

Only issue I see with this is down the road, when selling the gear, someone might forget to get the copper bar? out and put back the fuse.

1 Like

I would like to encourage you to do some research on the product if you are interested.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing inherently (operationally) inferior about the “digital breaker” (my term) approach to breaking the circuit when necessary that would make it a “sub-par” system for protecting against the kind of fault that fuses are designed to address.

FWIW.

1 Like

I went with a bunch of these:

Very well made and stable

I really need to get a 3D printer. I have a zillion ideas.

2 Likes

Looks like an “Apocalypt” turntable.

1 Like

Room support continues to be abysmal
I posted an issue for support and took about 2 weeks to get a response.
I tried their initial trouble shooting suggestion which did not solve the problem
I immediately communicated this and now, I guess, I wait another 2 weeks for the next step
Blows my mind you can send over $2000 on a nucleus and this is what you get for support
I’ve done better accepting this over the years but from time it still blows my mind

1 Like

My little DIY project was done a few weeks ago. The industrial damping feet work very well, but the turntable now sits on 4 springs cannibalised from a pair of Townshend bars. They were spare as I had to put stronger springs in the bars, used for a subwoofer. The tuntable actually bounces, but comes to rest after about 2 seconds and has remained dead level. I doubled the thickness of the top after @jazznut noticed a slight bend.

14 Likes