Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

32 clean records, cleaned by Perfect Vinyl Forever. Part of me wants a Degritter; the other part knows that I can be too lazy to clean more than a couple of dozen records before I decide that it is too much bother.
Now to go see if the clean records sound good. For one of them I have a transfer to cd to compare.
BTW, the whole process is very easy and well thought out.

2 Likes

May we all have the link to your “Perfect Vinyl Forever” record cleaner please :slight_smile:

Perfect Vinyl Forever

Google is our friend.
Perfect Vinyl forever is a service out of the Wauwautosa (Milwaukee) Wisconsin area. I was going to try it at one time, then Covid hit. One option I have is to drop my records off at Ultra Fidelis and pick them up when complete, my preference BTW. On other option is ship them to PVF. To date I have no experience with them.

Build out that basement Baldy. Trust me, you will never regret that decision. :smiley:
All that your system is capable of acheiving and all that money you are sinking into your system will never be truly realized until you have that dedicated room for listening.

1 Like

You won’t regret it!

Man am I annoyed. For quite some time I have been using a very well built CAT8 cable to my DS. I borrowed an AudioQuest Diamond cable and it sounds remarkably better. The only saving grace is that it’s being offered at $600 vs the $1000 new.

I bet @aangen has at least one in his junk drawer :wink:

Le sigh…

5 Likes

Enjoying the Octave recordings from PS Audio good stuff they just started releasing some on vinyl

4 Likes

Truth be told, I am not sold on audiophile Ethernet cables. I stopped trying new cables after I settled on Inakustik brand ethernet cables. I am so very happy Stealth Audio doesn’t make Ethernet cables. I do wish they made HDMI cables though. I believe in fancy HDMI cables.

3 Likes

Al, you really are compromising your I2S connection with your RAL HDMI cable.
Forget what you read or heard about AQ cables. This AQ Dragon HDMI is the real deal. I am so impressed with this cable that I bought 2 of them. Since they broke in, the sound is totality unbelievable! Makes the RAL sound a bit closed in and more veiled. At a fraction of what a Stealth would cost, why not give it a try? If nothing else, to satisfy your curiosity.
I also found the quality of the ethernet cable between the EtherRegen and my server made a considerable difference. The WW Platinum Ethernet 8 is a standout being less noise and clearer than the other ones I tried.

2 Likes

Dewdman,
I
Have
No
I2S
DAC.

(@ the moment)

4 Likes

Plus I am trying to save money to start a Platypus lending library.
Have you ever held a platypus? No. Nobody has.

6 Likes

Ian has.

5 Likes

Hence my annoyance. I wasn’t either until $600 ago.

2 Likes

Oh wait, in this here computer lab of mine I do have an i2s DAC. My DSD Jr.
But it’s in here, in the place where dreams take shape. Ahhhhhh.

[WARNING: AN RAL HDMI CABLE IS IN USE!]

(Accept mediocrity with both flippers)

5 Likes

@dawkinsj what is the step up in sound quality if you don’t mind my asking I.e between the mini and G1.

It’s a big step up in soundstage as well as extension on both extremes. The improved dual power supplies in addition to the new board and processing engine have over double the power of the board in the Mini. If you are still on the fence as to whether the difference is worth it you can always order from someplace like Audio Advisor and try it for yourself. Auralic is very strict about discounting and has pulled their units from several dealers as the result of it so shopping for a good deal is pretty much limited to floor demos. My first unit was Underwood’s show demo from 2019 Axpona so only four days of use and the second was a trade-in from TMR that was only a couple of months old. I got discounts that way but have never been able to find one otherwise through the usual sources.

Thanks. This is helpful. I love the mini and would expect the G1 to be an end game streamer for at least a decade.

1 Like

I will buy an AQ Dragon HDMI cable. It is my next purchase. When waymanchen11 says a cable sounds better I listen to him. I have purchased cables based on his word and he has not been wrong yet. Yet. yet. Yeti!

And I will call the person Paul172 recommended…

3 Likes

This is a big step! We might see a Purple fuse in your future @aangen!

1 Like

I replace all my fuses with a fused sized chunk of pure Silver.

2 Likes