Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Or, if I understand your question correctly, you can get two FMC’s and string the fiber optic cable between the two. That’s my current approach – and I place my “best” Ethernet cable between the second FMC and a Pink Faun LAN Isolator plugged into the PSA Ethernet Bridge (MK II) and I added an iFi low noise power supply to the second, “outbound” FMC.

FYI.

2 Likes

The story behind the design of the best selling SL1200 (and its future iterations) is very interesting. It has a unique motor / bearing design. I am keeping an SL 1200MK2 which is now a piece of heritage, but for listening, I moved on to a belt drive, which exceeds my expectations. There are great turntables on both sides of the divide.

2 Likes

If I buy Marantz cd6007, what I miss sonically from Cyrus, PS Audio, MBL and other top notch CD players in general?

P.S I have very revealing speakers.

How can this possibly be answered if you do not mention the rest of your system?

If you have similar priced amps and speakers: Nothing, waste of money!

Put your money in upgrading the speakers and or amps and your complete system will sound better including the Marantz CD 6007.

Only if you own very revealing speakers and amps that fit your room, hearing and taste, consider upgrading your CD player.

1 Like

I’m glad to her you are using Ubiquiti as I ordered some and it’s arriving today.

I have Netgear Mesh (MR60/62) and it’s a bit slow on the uptake. Besides home audio and AV, my lighting system includes about 50 lights all of which have an IP address and 20 of which include HD audio and various streaming services, as well as Alexa. I also bought a Netgear PoE router with two SFP fibre sockets as I have both CAT7 or CAT8 and fibre installed to the main audio and AV locations. QNAP UK also seem to have an idiot-proof video how to install the cloud service in Container Station on a QNAP.

1 Like

One of the best upgrades we did to our UniFi was adding the outdoor AP’s. It’s great to have wifi outside as good as it is inside.

Have fun!

1 Like

I just upgraded my Synergistic Foundation level speaker cables to Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3.cables. Stunning improvement akin to getting a bigger, better more powerful amplifier. I need to run some errands, but I can’t seem to tear myself away!

3 Likes

It’s the habit…eeer the “addiction” :innocent:

Get back from your errands …that’s n order… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin:

Happy erranding…e ran there…over there somewhere…hmmm

3 Likes

Earplugs…yes at shows like this a set of cheap or free earplugs are necessary audiophile ear protectors.

Jimmy Vaughn puts together a good crew but man does he play loud!!

6 Likes

After seeing lots of live music in the last decade, I upgraded to using these bad boys:

4 Likes

Luckily no earplugs needed when we go to the Amsterdam Concertgebouw. Classic music. Although I love rock music as well, I am afraid I am past enjoying loud music.

4 Likes

Not my next upgrade. Just what I need, a bee or some other"effect" like a police whistle sounding off right above my head while driving.

2 Likes

Amen to that. A major beef of mine, over-amplification. I’m very protective of my hearing and frankly the sound pressure levels at some live events are excessive and do nothing to enhance the experience. I’ve complained about it to event organizers. It is a disservice to the audience. I have a similar complaint about pumped up volume levels in movie theaters. I’ve taken my complaint to management there as well. Speak up folks. It isn’t necessary. Why should we worry about having to stick earplugs in our ears for live events or to see a film simply to avoid hearing damage?

1 Like

With self driving cars, sound effects won’t be that bad!

1 Like

4 Likes

I get horny just looking at that picture!
(Sorry, the can’t all be gems)

2 Likes

Calm down Al.

4 Likes

You’re a laugh riot, Alice

2 Likes

Are there 5 horns or are the bottom three bass ports?

Perhaps this thread can cure Al’s Issues?

3 Likes

I’m currently auditioning a demo Wireworld Silver Sphere HDMI between my Matrix I2S and my DS Sr. and I’m really liking what I’m hearing over my AQ Mocha. Not quite night and day, but far more natural and refined. Bass detail and weight is excellent. Clean overall and tonally well balanced.

$300 retail. I’m thinking it’s a keeper and my next upgrade!

2 Likes