Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

If you get the used returns they are about 27% off

Sometimes you get new anyway with discount.

Thanks I thought I’d ask because it looks like there is a bunch of cyber Monday deals on these lights!

@paul172 The IR sensors will react to certain PS audio or McIntosh remote buttons. So I positioned them so they didn’t interfere. So far the remotes don’t affect stereo boxes. I am not a fan of the psychedelic light shows. I am sure it is a 10 dollar design. So don’t expect too much from any of them. I plugged the SMPS wall warts to a Belkin power strip to an outlet that doesn’t share routing path near dedicated 20 amp circuits. I noticed zero noise.

1 Like

Here is some crazy stuff

https://www.ibelieveinhifi.com/store?utm_campaign=Believe_High_Fidelity_Cyber_Week_2021&utm_content=believe_high_fidelity_cyber_week&utm_medium=email&utm_source=zaius

1 Like

Before I decided to upgrade my Concert Fidelity linestage, I was looking at the Aries Cerat Incito and talked to these guys (US distributors) and got a quote, they gave me a fair discount off MSRP with a 90 day lead time. In the end I decided to do the balanced upgrade to the CF-80 LSX2 (soon to be LSX4)

They have a few videos on you tube of full Aries Cerat systems

Best,
-JP

Unfortunately the 20 amp outlet upgrade didn’t happen this weekend but it should go in on Friday. The power supply unit arrived safely today. Can’t wait for the external supply board!

4 Likes

Put me down for 1 of each :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a whole lot of zero’s ahead of the decimal on that lineup. :grin:

2 Likes

You mean I have pay $$$$
I thought that was my Santa Wish List and as everyone knows, Santa does not disappoint.

1 Like

I think this is going on our porch roof. The goal is to have the head sticking out over the roof line where our front path meets our porch.

It seems like an upgrade.

7 Likes

Next up: a third Purple Fuse, this one to go in my DS DAC (after I swore that I wouldn’t open it again and just wait for MK II). While I’m in there, I’ll be applying 3M absorber sheet material to the display driver, transformers and sundry chips…

1 Like

@paul172

That is a great R core LPS I found it sounds best powering my modem router. I just bought a VooDoo C19 to C15 adapter and hooked up the 10 gauge Iconoclast BAV cord. Oh my every power cord matters and that is a great pairing for that supply if you are looking.

Are you going to power the DS analog board? The voltage of the supply can be tweaked and it is user adjustable internal. . It shot up a tenth of a volt with the BAV cord.

1 Like

Is anyone powering a network switch on a PP?

Assuming the PP would always be on.

Thoughts?

My router modem is also a Netgear switch function. I power it from the P20.

1 Like

When streaming, do you think it made an audible difference?

All the digital stuff gets separate zones for their LPS on P20. All DC power cords are 5 shielding layers It really quiets things down noise floor wise.

2 Likes

Entirely worth while. I tried it on a dedicated 20 amp line. The power plant for everything if your power plant has capacity.

2 Likes

On it! I am pulling the cabinet out in 10 seconds from now…

2 Likes

Done!

1 Like

Hopefully worth the effort. I like mine that way.

1 Like