Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Seriously, you need to stay away from George.

2 Likes

Please ask if they plan a record player :wink:

Would be interesting! Not to buy (for me), but to watch.

1 Like

George needs to pay for Al’s trip to Denmark after he buys him tickets to Hamlet.

2 Likes

What Al doesn’t know is that George has a Bose system at home.

8 Likes

I am sure the system is fabulous. I know I would love a 450 lb amp. But must settle for less. But I can dream.

1 Like

We’re praying for you, Al. You’ll get through it. Don’t despair. :grin:
I lay my head on the railroad tracks
And wait for the Double “E”

The railroad don’t run no more
Poor, poor pitiful me

(Warren Zevon)

4 Likes

Kodo - The Gryphon (gryphon-audio.dk)

Can you survive without these :grinning:

Best,
-JP

1 Like

Al was looking for a condo home to house is stereo. So price of homes considered. 250k is a steal compared to real estate these days. Or people in LA buying a new ragtop Ford Bronco for 100k because of car shortages and bidding wars on new cars.

1 Like

Al is being held hostage by his rabbits.

1 Like

Al, don’t worry. We already think you’re kewl!

My audio challenge is to know when to stop (or at least slow down) and be happy with the sound I’ve got. You’re living out the same challenge, but in a much higher price bracket.

As Sheryl Crow sang in “Soak Up the Sun”:

“It’s not having what you want
It’s wanting what you’ve got.”

3 Likes

I have yet to obtain that level of Zen. However I did just make some speaker jumpers out of some nice OFC 14g copper wire vs spend 150 bucks to buy a Nordost pair so I’m proud of myself. Now Al would have Stealth custom make the jumpers for a grand each but that’s Al. Gotta love him.

I am trying out some speakers from Q Acoustics. Really good speaker for the money. Not a main type grail speaker (I have Concept 40s) but for the price they are terrific.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be a pisser !

2 Likes

Imagine there was a product that’s definitely the best of what could show up during the next 10 years.

For some, this wouldn’t be a goal. It would destroy the continuous journey, changing gear and spending money all the way along. The hobby is not audio, music and best possible sound quality, it’s the process of upgrading or for some “collecting” with everything involved in it. It could be audio, boats, watches, depending on the current focus of the subject :wink:

And it’s fun to attend such journeys, even if it hurts sometimes!

2 Likes

If you need to make room I’ll store the PST for you! Lol

1 Like

I ordered it all today. I was wrong, I need a lot of cables. Hooray!

10 Likes

You’re killing me, Smalls.

2 Likes

Congratulations! Going to try Gryphon cables or continue with the STEALTH’s?

1 Like

Most Awesome Contributor. Many of us live vicariously through you.

6 Likes

Staying with Stealths but ima gunna buy me sum V2 Iconoclasts and compare.
Fingers crossed!

6 Likes

Looking forward to it…

2 Likes