Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Talk to @paul172 he has stayed with the PSA line of amps quite happily.

1 Like

I went from m700’s to BHK 300’s and the 300’s have a lot more control over the speakers mainly in the mid and bass areas that normally take a lot of power. The actual sound quality is very acceptable with either setup.

1 Like

I have a P15 and it has lowered the noise floor tremendously. Therefore, I do not think you need to have both Akiko and generator together. In your case I think either upgrading the source or the amps would be the better way to go.

When I tried the Akiko Tuning Sticks (XLR and USB) I found them to make the music smoother, but I also lost a bit of dynamic. You want to use either Akiko conditioner, or to use generators, but not both in my experience.

1 Like

The M1200 with the right tubes is magic, it bettered my old monoblock amps easily which cost a lot more. I also like the light weight and efficiency of it.

2 Likes

I went from the M700 to the M1200, and have no need or desire to move away from the M1200. They bring so much magic into my system.
There are tons of reviews from forum members on the M1200 that describe, in full detail, how they sound, especially in comparison to the M700.

2 Likes

Have you had a chance to audition pairing the TT-2 with an Mscaler?

1 Like

I was listening to the Darko Podcast driving today and they were talking about amplifiers. Specifically Srajan Ebaen from 6 Moons said one of the most important traits of a good amplifier is its ability to play at low volumes. I completely agree! Thats what the Stellar M1200’s do better than most other amps that I’ve listened to. The M700’s I felt I needed to play at higher than average levels to get the most from them. The 1200’s can play at lower than normal levels and still extract all the info. The BHK is smoother but in my opinion it is bested by the M1200 in the low volume playback. I’m not saying the M1200’s are better sounding just that they do better at extracting all the music at lower levels than the BHK 300.

I prefer the BHK 300 over the 1200’s musically and the addition of the P20 has taken the BHK 300’s to a higher level of performance! I have not heard the BHK 250 but I would still easily recommend the M1200’s to anyone who asks.

5 Likes

Yes, the MScaler is on my list most definitely. However, I’m thinking more and more that the amp-speaker relationship can be improved in a way that allows me to get more from the TT2 than what’s currently being achieved. If I can get that right, then I’ll get an MScaler.

2 Likes

Hey michael…You might want to think in the long term regarding
upgrades to your system…

For example myself wnating to upgrade my Parasound A21 to
the JC5…I upgraded from a P12 regen to a P15 in order to
accommodate the larger amp.

A regenerator will be single most impactful piece you put into
your system…

My speakers are Focal Aria 948s and played well by my former
Parasound A21…when I upgraded to the JC5 the improvement
was substantial…in all aspects given the refinements of the JC5
over the A21. My Arias really enjoy the upgraded current provided
by the JC5.

So upgrading your 700s to another level will be good…but a
regenerator will bring a more significant upgrade…

So best wishes in your journey…

1 Like

Thanks, man. Unfortunately, a regenerator is just too expensive here. In addition, I’ve found my power treatment happy place in the Corelli conditioner. It’s interesting that the removal of high frequency hash and noise can have such a dramatic outcome. I’d urge anyone thinking about regenerators to at least try the Corelli in comparison. It does a different job, but I think it’s an incredible value for money power treatment. I’d go as far as to say that after fuse upgrades, it’s the greatest value for money change I’ve ever made to a system.

Having said all that, enough people are saying regen that I’d better get one in for a direct comparison!

1 Like

Just picked this cable up from the dealers
Hope it will be an upgrade…
I’m running everything through a Torus AVR2 (listed my P12 in Marketplace) the Torus requires a C19/20A cord. I had a Sigma HC first generation years ago on an Audio Research amp which I sold with the amp and haven’t had a 20 amp cord since

So fingers crossed, my first AQ product aside from a vodka HDMI since replaced with an RAL

Best,
-JP

5 Likes

What do a Torus do? Save me from the google.

Torus Power Toroidal Isolation Power Transformers
Power conditioning and in the case of the AVR series voltage regulation and of course protection

Thing is a beast, lots of clean juice, software controlled via ethernet/wireless

It is a temporary solution, maybe until the Power Plants go on sale at some point and jump to a P-20

Best,
-JP

3 Likes

I love mine! I have them on my P20 and BHK 300’s!

Good to know, Thanks!

Best,
-JP

My next upgrade - found a decent deal on Cardas Clear Cygnus speaker cable. 8’ for $1k. About as much as I can do for a speaker cable. Upgrading from Audioquest CV-8 cable. Read much about Cardas clear and this line is cheaper but uses many of the design aspects of their top of the line.

1 Like

Offer this guy $1k for these. $1500 is a steal but if you get them for less excellent. You won’t be disappointed! I went from CV-8 to these and there’s no going back!

1 Like

Just arrived. Dell XPS 13 Plus.

I am not a “must have” latest PC kinda person for personal use. My last laptop is 6+ years old. The only reason I am replacing it is because it won’t be able to take Windows updates.

The first thing I am going to install is the Roon remote.

5 Likes

Oh, I forgot that it’s Windows 11. I wasn’t prepared for this.

2 Likes

I am okay with 11. But it has issues that I am frustrated with.

2 Likes