Your Next Upgrade? (Part 1)

Yes, it does make a difference.

1 Like

Well I installed per arrows and remain hopeful that it opens up. The Inakustik pure silver USB really did after several weeks. As did my silver power cables.

1 Like

All my cables took time to break in, and the worst ones are Dragon power cords, they take a long time. The CC Magnum Opus2 PC is a strange one. It was like the purple fuse that went through up and down periods.

Both are still improving I felt. You are right that the silver conductor takes more time to break in. So, I will not be surprised the ethernet cable will take some time too. I just do not remember about this particular 5N cable since there were too many cable upgrades lately. :grin:

3 Likes

My new cables are breaking in nicely after 84 hours of continuous playback. I purchased a CAD GC 1.1 from TMR last night and I’m looking foward to that experience! There’s still and upgraded Horwegge power supply in the box waiting to go into my Auralic Aries G2! Coincidently the power supply arrived 2 weeks prior to the announcement of the Auralic Aries G2.2 and G3 models with upgraded power supplies. :thinking:
Power supplies what a crazy concept!

6 Likes

I am seriously considering The new streamer only Auralic. Expensive but I know its excellent and top notch but it will come with Dirac… Sounds nice to me.

Looking forward to seeing what you think of grounding.

4 Likes

Congrats. Where are you planning to use the CAD, I mean which components do you think to connect to it?

After 30 hours the 5N silver ethernet has got better highs and clarity. A swttch back to Inakustik Referenz the new cable lacks spacing depth and bass.

I do think new cable still might hold a surprise

I sought out my wife’s opinion-she loves its clarity

But the Inakustik Referenz is still king.

We shall let if cool and burn i further.

Biggest difference my listening soace has four wakks of contraints.

2 Likes

I had an interesting finding myself when comparing the fiber optic output (FO>tip-link>5N Silver) and RJ45 using the 5N only. The fiber optic link provides a deeper soundstage that I have not noticed before. So, maybe the 5N silver does have less depth. But the bass is there, and will take longer time to develop.

By next week I am interested to know if you have different thoughts.

2 Likes

Also, my speakers are 6’ from the “front” wall, so I always had good depth. Therefore the 5N silver provides good depth in my listing room, but I don’t know how it sounds in a different room.

1 Like

It has a tough road to beat the a Referenz ethernet. If it comes in second i will start apple TV streaming with it. But it is important to give it hours first The bass out of the Referenz is going to be rough to beat.

2 Likes

My speakers are 3 inch and 5 inch from front wall They use short distance to get t fldt to 16 Hz. But depth extends beyond back wall and forward of fron eall

1 Like

I just post my review on the fiber optic link for SW-10 switch. F.O. is the way to go, and it is way cheaper than “audiophile” ethernet cable :laughing:

I was thinking getting an Omega ethernet eventually since I love the USB so much. Now I can save a few grands! My next streamer will have a fiber optic input with the cheapest fiber optic cable for sure :laughing:

3 Likes

I am sad that I can’t hear the differences between Ethernet cables. I have 4 Inakustik Referenz cables sitting in storage. Sigh.

3 Likes

I have the opposite curse. I cannot, not hear difference. I so want to say metallurgy wins but there appears to be a shield and dielectric difference perhaps. I am afraid to go fiber and lose it.

2 Likes

I did fiber as well. That stuff is on the shelf as well. Could be an age thing.

3 Likes

Auralic Aries and Gryphon Ethos.

2 Likes

Please keep us informed as the Tyrs break in

They say you should get more fiber as you age. I’m here all week.

7 Likes

budum

1 Like

Fiber can be a good thing. Metamucil derivative of Metamusical

4 Likes