Best DAC in the world?

Check out this review in Finnland http://audiovideo.fi/

image003.jpg105_gif77_gifdancing-009_gifmusic-078_gifrespect-047_gif

How do you pull the english translation?

I am very happy for ps audio cheers.

Al

English...Enjoy!
Is not exactly a lightweight title, but there was no light at all, it jaw thud to the floor at the beginning of interceptions. A lot of previous experience was such a big leap in the right, is a terrific feeling, but the differences are quite a lighter equipment.
PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Direct Stream (short hymn beautiful ...) is presented in the summer of 2014 and the fall of the firmware update received a DA converter. PS Audio's previous, about half of the cheaper converter suitsutettiin got me a lot already. It was at the time still untested. Now consumers have access to more expensive and hard new DA converter that the update package parents PerfectWave DAC owners.
Direct Stream DAC converter was marketed to me of the head, which has already lowered expectations to the last time I went to the importer. Is it as good as it needs just by the amount of the seller's burn incense? Well, turned out device, which is part of one thing very well, sound quality. A wide range of things are going on there, and become, but does not play as good-votes.
Technology or magic?
PS Audio's case is fun. There are a few stripes and seams that make it look like a pile of several components of fire. Confusing, only to have it, that sounds like a jar rystystestillä to be one solid alumiinikalikka. The sturdy? Track chassis is sturdy, this is a completely hievahtamaton. Cator suggests that the inside is not engraved in the first recess and no sound is produced by magic.
Analog inputs not, the DAC is Direct Stream purely digital signal processing device. Adjusting the volume of course, is that DSD also works well as a preamp, and thus the digital program sources, based on the hardware platform. The connectors are not as modern AV amplifier hanurissa of numbers does not seek top of the list. AES / EBU, coaxial, optical and USB. This category painittaessa essential factor is the result, not the ability to list what all know how more or less to the extent that may be mentioned on the subject.
Analogiannot are both balanced XLR connectors and unbalanced RCA connectors. The connectors are very sturdy and finishing in general, the absolute prime. Visual details can of course always to twist the hand, but my eye simple and modest, but extremely high quality lookki bites.
"The most essential thing Direct Stream-DA the converter is its technology. "
Since the rear-panel USB input of other digital interfaces accompanied, PS Audio plays everything your PC player software can play. And yes, it is time to carefully all all all file formats in the world.
The most essential thing Direct Stream-DA-converter is its technology. When SACD was published, used the new DSD format (Direct Stream Digital) sound recording. It is a completely different solution than the CD, and computer music files used in PCM recording. PS PerfectWave Direct Stream Audio DAC to translate the signal format of the DSD first and only then convert the digital signal to analog. Digital signal translation is certainly one notch, but the manufacturer of this post explains it much simpler DA transformation.
A lot of technology
Oh, and then there's the rear are two HDMI ports designated I2S1 and I2S2. I2S-the acronym is the number of a longer name (IIS, Inter-IC Sound, Integrated on Chip Sound), but what it means is a digital serial interface with data and clock signals are routed separately.
If you have a large CD library that you use frequently, the I2S interface that supports CD-transport (transport, ie a simple digital signal out of the rotator purposes without internal DA converters), the test is worth a thing. More and more we go towards the disk servers to a music store, but quite a number of the physical hopeakiekkojakin still is. PS Audio's own muuntimeton rotating mechanism is at PerfectWave Transport MK2, but the importer of a few other appropriate there.
SD card reader is the firmware updates and the rear panel above the Expansion port, expansion port, it is also essential. It can be connected to PerfectWave Bridge, which is the bridge on your network music and Direct Stream-DA-converter between. It is, therefore, a network player, which merges into the DA converter. Bridge control runs on your iPhone, iPad or iTouch.
Do I need one? If you like your computer with the USB cable connected to the converter so you do not in any way necessarily. Instead, if you want to embed the converter laitehyllyysi and keep your computer from outside the Bridge is a sensible solution to get DSD ylettämään personal musiikkivarastoosi. Importer mentioned that during the spring of 2015 is coming to a newer version, the Bridge 2, which may be worth the wait.
The player comes with a remote control and normal functions can also be controlled on the front panel touch screen. It could of course, the remote control of this unit's price and level to be elegant, but run their affairs.
Magic.
Comparison my player Logitech Transporter might not be it just the final answer to the seeker analytical sound, but it sounds more like music than the leach sounds, which have been stored. The big thing that does not really succeed in smoothly all (and it is precisely because I understand them, who loves vinyl). Transporter regarded as a whole, despite their age, their position continues to say the least self-priced CD players against (Transporter list price of two thousand euros). It is not difficult to find a DA converter, network music player or CD player, which plays a more analytical. But it has been difficult to find machines that would have been significantly more accurate and in addition would play nice music.
"PS Audio PerfectWave Direct Stream DAC wipes the table at one time clean. "
PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Direct Stream wipes clean with a table at a time. I feel like I listen to Billie Holiday (Lady In Satin album) still in the same room as the Transporter, but all of a sudden the air is clean tobacco smoke and the bustling crowd is shut down for the presentation drawing board. It's Easy to Remember to draw attention to themselves much more strongly than usual. Solo instrument to reach the caller feel looking directly at me. Billie sings brighter than ever, a very real and alive.
It is, frankly, a very long time when I sunk so deep just to listen to music. The sort of work, and this is also a good time to get used to the equipment, do not they no longer startle. Only when put into the actual leap upwards so good it will stop.
Okay, I'll try to analyze what all the PS Audio PerfectWave DAC Direct Stream makes a different way vocally compared the Logitech Transporter. This consists of a logically Analog Pussyn Trance N Roll beat 145bpm-tahdillaan forward. Even the previous Billie Holiday wake Transporter skiing will feel tar although the pace should be been sharply higher and then a little bit more.
"Stroke is a significant number more precise and sharper, the rhythm is repeated a lot much more detail. "
Back DirectStreamiin. The stroke is significantly much more accurate and sharper, the rhythm is repeated a lot a lot more accurate, but not to death, but when analyzed by lightly as passing and compelling. Lightly as passing does not mean lightweight bass head, the authority is very well, is just out of the curtain that prevented kulkevuutta. Now the fog has been dispelled and the sun shines on the Autobahn, you can give just as much cock as you dare.
Herbie Hancock's Doin 'It incites to tap more and more. Heart rate, viability, the presence of a very strong display. Not emphasized, but effortless clarity. Never tension, never roughness, never unpleasant feeling. Of course I recommend to all to whom the price tag is not a barrier, to test the Direct Stream DAC. But I recommend, especially those who say expensive turntables to be substantially better than the CD format, to test the Direct Stream DAC.
Some enthusiasts swear by the hires recorded in the name, but I listened almost exclusively just ordinary CD ripped files to the server. And the result was this, tear it.
200 000 km driven Toyota Corolla
Six tonnes of the DA-converter? It seems unreasonable to certainly make you a first idea. On the other hand, what else you get for that money - two hundred thousand of the distance to the Corolla. For sure it is a more reasonable purchase, but, fortunately, life can sometimes do other than purely rationally informed decisions. Six thousand euro converter supply hurts the time of payment time briskly, but yes you smile every day after that.
Rarely, namely six tonnes may be something that is best in the world. It may be that some other converter is at least as good, or even better, but even quite close to the expected to reach so far I have not heard of. Many foreign journalists seem inclined to the same view. It's performance in relation to the price suddenly starts to seem like a real cheap.
"You may think that your hardware does not In such huippumuuntimelle enough? "
You may think that your hardware is not enough for such a huippumuuntimelle? Well, yes, I heard of this and the Transporter difference very clearly also Behringer B2030A -aktiivikaiutinparilla, they are currently paying in Finland 150 EUR Kipale. I tried a number of amplifiers and speakers Nitro tank all the way down, and the result was very simple: the more transparent other equipment, the more the DSD to have fun.
PS Audio PerfectWave Direct Stream DAC (really, if forced to come up with this origin names) with so happened that faithfully served the Logitech Transporter will retire and will bring long called DA-converter remains the delivery tool. It seems that the work is suddenly much more fun and inspiring, listening tests makes the mind to do a lot more than before.
Edit: Low-cost Behringer accidentally pair even had to have a piece.
In short: Insanely translucent and extremely fine music playback DA converter hardware center. Price: 5 995 EUR Importer: Marek Sound

“English” – sort of…

confusedlaugh

Sort of. Yes, just use Chrome for your browser and Google translation service gives that result. No one would mistake you for a Fin but you get the idea.

Great review and well deserved praise. I wish they had used a different tagline, because proclaiming the DS (or any other piece of electronics for that matter), “the best in the world”, raises red flags among review skeptics.

Unless you Steve gurdenberg

al

I especially appreciated the sentences ‘You may think that your hardware does not In such huippumuuntimelle enough?’ and

‘Now the fog has been dispelled and the sun shines on the Autobahn, you can give just as much cock as you dare.’

Call me a traditionalist, but it is hard to disagree with such clear statements surprised-011_gif cool

Frode said

Call me a traditionalist, but it is hard to disagree with such clear statements

Frode,It seems huippumuuntimelle translates in english to top converter…cant-believe-my-eyes-smiley-emoticon_gif

@Frode I couldn’t agree more! Your perceptiveness is amazing.

giggle_gif

edorr said I wish they had used a different tagline, because proclaiming the DS "the best in the world", raises red flags among review skeptics.
I react the same way. A reviewer could not realistically say that anything is the best in the world unless a) he has heard every competitor and b) accurately remembered what he heard. So much better to say "The best I've heard in my system" or "One of the very best on the market" or whatever. But I'm still happy for Paul & Co. to have another rave review come out.

To those critiquing the tagline: Remember the english tagline is a (good? bad? okay?) translation. In addition, without context of the finnish language/slang/expressions we can’t fully understand it’s meaning.

Good point.

And it fits into audiophile hyperbole.

crabby said To those critiquing the tagline: Remember the english tagline is a (good? bad? okay?) translation. In addition, without context of the finnish language/slang/expressions we can't fully understand it's meaning.
My mother tongue is Finnish and I also happen to know the guy who wrote the review. After reading the review I can tell he is pretty exited. What he says is that there might be as good or even better DACs but not likely in the same price class and the DS is the best he have listened.

Thank you, jka!

Frode said I especially appreciated the sentences 'You may think that your hardware does not In such huippumuuntimelle enough?' and

‘Now the fog has been dispelled and the sun shines on the Autobahn, you can give just as much cock as you dare.’

Call me a traditionalist, but it is hard to disagree with such clear statements