Beware of Robert and need recommendation

I’m happy at 250.
And the anti skate, i use the Analogue Productions test record.
I’m thinking very seriously about the SME 310. Looks brilliant.

given the huge cost, that is very kind, and probably the best course of action.
respect.

4 Likes

Funny you should mention the SME 310, I am looking at a 312R as a second arm on my Avenger. One was for sale with an extra arm tube for 2K, I hesitated and it sold quickly. there is currently a new one listed on Agon for 4K, don’t want to go that high right now…maybe next year

Best,
-JP

2 Likes

$2K sounds suspiciously low.

1 Like

Curious as to where in the Chicago area you may have purchased a Rega Aura phono stage?

Music Direct. Backed by their usual 60-day satisfaction guarantee. Which is terrific. In my experience, they mean it. I found the Aura to be a keeper, obviously.

2 Likes

Thanks, with the recent COVID induced market changes I should have guessed Music Direct. For some reason I was thinking Pro Musica. It looks to be a strong phono preamplifier.

1 Like

yep, It was used however, appeared to be well maintained from a seller with many yrs of positive feedback

I slept on it and it was sold the next day! I’ll most likely hold off till next year. Need to procure an additional arm board and have it drilled for SME

Best,
-JP

1 Like

I’ll say it again as a SME 309 owner and SME tonearm fan who has, get this, another 309 on the shelf he’s been using for spare parts, It sucks that SME withdrew from the tonearm business. I still remember being stunned by the announcement. Which was made with little fanfare and the first I caught wind of it was when I was navigating the SME website and noticed tonearms had been removed. :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, curious decision to only sell tonearms with their tables, there must be solid reasoning behind the move?

Certainly impacts the number of arms on the used market as well

Best,
-JP

They have a warehouse full of unsold turntables.

Back when I had a turntable I used a 1969 double LP entitled Second Winter. There was material to cover only three sides so the fourth was blank. May not have been a very sophisticated way to set the antiskating but especially for a novice at the time it worked well.

Johnny_Winter_-_Second_Winter

3 Likes