BHK 300 Switches off when music Crescendo's

Might just be as simple as an impedance dip in the speakers that goes below the rated protection system on that peak.

It’s rare but I have seen it happen.

3 Likes

Puts me in mind of a long thread couple years ago - speakers then were LRS though, with a tough impedance curve,

2 Likes

Thank you everyone, I have a few steps I can follow to try to eliminate any connection issues I may have.

I must say I do love the sound these monsters produce and I am very happy chappy when listening.

Cheers Mark

3 Likes

How many PSA products are trouble free?

The answer is 10, apparently.

I own/have owned 11 pieces of PSA kit (not including a dozen or so power cords) and 10 have been trouble free. :wink:

The sole exception is a Stellar P3 regenerator that keeps going into protection mode (need to have that looked at).

I think it’s important to note that perceptions about product quality and reliability are often skewed in on-line commentary b/c the motivation to post about issues (and the number of such posts) tends to be significantly higher than the motivation to report a lack of problems.

Not to say PSA does not have at least its fair share of issues…

FWIW.

1 Like

I meant my question as a general objective one, not for anecdotal experience. Alas, objective data is elusive…unfortunate given the accumulated millions of dollars spent.

PSA speakers seem to be have the best record.

Exactly…my point.

Cheers.

1 Like