Cable Shootout: WW PS 7 versus Curious "Evolved" USB

Not quite the same… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I figured cause it looks just like the printer cable.

So it does :sweat_smile: Not very convincing looks…hmm I remember now that I received something like that with my first Matrix,ordered it straight from China.

I bought my second unit from this forum second hand. It came with that usb…it may be the one they sell separate for $99?

Ouch. Nope. Mine is similar looking to Somppsa.

Dang, I was going to throw it in the trash. Maybe I should try it and compare it to my Audience FrontRow USB. Maybe I could of save a bunch of cash. This is what it look like straight from China.

Yeah that’s what I received too With filters. . Looks like Sampossa got something more upscale. Ferritte Filters likely suck Out life. Since Sammy has something different I will not waste time on the clamped USB version unless someone finds it is special…

I just tried the “printer cable” that came with my Matrix, and I couldn’t really tell it apart from my Audioquest (forgot which model) that cost $300-400 when new, though I must admit that I always struggle to hear big differences in USB.

If that piece of art printer cable beats your Audience Frontrow usb I must stop my “no alcohol January” event and pour myself a big glass of beer to prevent further hallusinations :woozy_face:

1 Like

You can continue your alcohol consumption. You’re fine. The printer cable is trash. I just compared it to the Audience. It’ like throwing a blanket over my speakers. The Matrix cable is junk, throw it in the garbage.

Ah yes,I quess we all assumed that this particular ferrite usb cheapo is no good. Look at the picture I posted earlier,different Matrix cable than what you tried…

I wonder if it’s this one, looks similar.

1 Like

That’s the one that came with mine but I think it was part of a package deal. I put a Mad Scientist “data only” cable in as soon as I got the Matrix. Now I need to go find that cable and see how it sounds :thinking:

2 Likes

Haha Thanks for a good laugh. If I ever change my name it will be Sammy Sampossa :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for info…what kind of package deal you are referring to,I have no idea. But it is good that you can now try that usb too. When you think it has settled put some Gloria Estefan´s Alma Caribena on a plate and you are transferred to Caribbean shores zipping drinks and having fun :sweat_smile:

It was a $79 add on item when purchased direct. And my “data only” USB cable from Maxwell not Mad Scientist. I’ll put Gloria in my Roon Queue.

1 Like

That looks like the USB cable that came with my Matrix, which I purchased back in January 2018. I connected the USB cable up for the first time today after reading the most recent posts in this thread. I agree with @Somppsa and @Narbooty, this cable is a WINNER! Looking forward to hearing it after some real burn-in. Thanks for inspiring me to try it, guys, and thanks, Matrix!

1 Like

Real close to Sammy Sosa a baseball great.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, I asked Arthur about the USB cable. He said that when the Matrix was first introduced, for a limited time, it came with a bonus high quality USB cable. It now ships with the junk printer cable. He said Matrix then came up with an even higher quality cable than the original bonus cable which can be purchased separately for $99.

The updated Matrix USB is 4’ long. If better than the Curious Evolved at over $600 for similar length, then the Matrix is a bargain. I ordered one to compare to my Curious Link.

3 Likes

Thanks, just bought one too.