Could the DSS have harmed my speakers? (Ted?)

Well said, I am lucky to know and am friends with many young 'uns - they make me proud to know them.

2 Likes

They haven’t unveiled it yet:

It will look a lot like the standard C8 Corvette, except with more power:

Purely speculation since it hasn’t been announced but I expect a fully loaded hardtop convertible to be around $130k and it should be one of the best performing sports cars available independent of price.

1 Like

I honestly did not mean to be a jerk. I really apologize if I hurt anyone’s feelings.

It is in my humble opinion younger folks today are losing the art. We never had Blu tooth speakers or I-phones before. It is not their fault though. Just the way the world is moving. No one wants Persian rugs anymore. Soon few will want these cars I bet. They will hop up Toyota’s.I bet they go fast too.

I may very well be interested in the Z06. Save me a lot of money. What about the ZR1?

I would honestly buy those Fenice. You are lucky to have that at 31. 31 to me of course is a youngster. I know it is not really.

I appreciate that no one flamed me. I embrace all walks of life. I often invite homeless folks to eat. My wife does not like it but it is the right thing to do. I know I came off as a jerk but I am actually very humble. We were just discussing expensive things. Burger King is just fine too. Look, my days are numbered and I can take none of it with me. Truthfully I prefer Burger King. Any time I can get out of here. 25 year old girls like my car but I am not stupid.

You didn’t hurt my feelings, but I think you’re way off base. Anyway, this thread is so far off topic it should probably correct course or be locked.

Maybe just try to be a little sensitive to some on here who may not be so fortunate, unless if it’s hifi related of course, in which case anything goes (and the bigger speakers, the better!) :slight_smile:

p.s.
Tried to send a more eloquent version of this in a private message, but messages not accepted.

And one more idea if you’d like to become more engaged in this great audio community. Try posting some of your favorite music (and indicate what you like especially if you have time) here -> What are you spinning now? (Mark 4)

2 Likes

Everyone has their problems and reasons to be happy or unhappy. I am happy with what I have, I do not envy anyone, and I receive information about the problems of Persian carpet owners as a joke.

2 Likes

Yet again, Mr. Anonymous informs us he’s just a regular guy - who doesn’t want be seen as a jerk, only to revert to form, regaling us with another STORY of his colossal wealth. Talking about how wealthy one is - just sheer Vulgarity.

7 Likes

We need to be kind and understanding. It is a burden having a PhD in software engineering from MIT, a law degree, and an MD simultaneously - right brain/left brain confusion and all.

5 Likes

I have a very nice rug here - cost me a tenner on eBay - works for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As long as it’s tattered, made in China on the rear… You have secured a great deal!

2 Likes

FWIW M.I.T offers PhD in Computational Science and Engineering, and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, but not Software Engineering.

I am certain it was a unique, self-designed and implemented program so that other candidates and the professor did not slow him down.

2 Likes

My $0.02: take it easy folks, it’s only money. You know, the 10th Commandment and all.

But, ummm, . . . unwanted, cast-off Persian rugs would be most welcome here. Talk to me before contacting Good Will. :smiley:

just sayin’ . . .

3 Likes

Notice Ted is nowhere to be seen :slight_smile:
Notice I have coined the man a genius

Anyways, I apologize for my behavior once again.
If I said I was a Doctor I meant PHD. I do have a law degree as well. When I went to MIT, many years ago they did have a software curriculum. .I was a Professor there.Just setting facts straight.

Let me try to get this back on track since i derailed it.

Let’s talk about “house sound”. I can actually hear the Wamm in the tune Tot! I find that incredible.
On that note, everyone should get what sounds best to them. however I think Wilson is a safer “investment” nowadays Than SF is. For resale. At that level. SF used to be very strong but went the way of Martin Logan so to speak. Most of their range is now focused on the lower range. Not a very safe investment IMO. would take the right buyer. Although Piano gloss is actually the correct color.

If I were to purchase anything “big bucks”, I would do so from a company with their entire product segment focused there. I figure that should tremendously help resale. So people are not thinking “…but these guy’s make $250 whatever”. Unless you plan to keep it for ever. Or trade with PS Audio! there are other programs out there like this too.

Anyways, I hope we can get this going on a different foot or just drop it.

:popcorn:

1 Like

Of course, wouldn’t expect anything less.

6 Likes

It is 4AM! I just realized that. My bad. You got me.

Come on guy’s. There is no reason to hate on each other.

1 Like

I don’t hate you. I just don’t understand you! I cannot fathom why you have to fabricate stories.? You’ve been caught out on another lie!
Edited: my previous post.

3 Likes

I will admit I do “embellish” some of my “stories” a good deal. However the core of it is true. I have lived a storied life. Believe it or not. To rub it in others faces is a different matter entirely. If I were to put myself in a persons shoes whom makes say 25 grand a year for a moment I would imagine how this makes them feel. Also, the other wealthy out there tend to do no such thing. I would be alone on this. A right proper A-h… I really am not sure why i do this. I do it in real life as well. alienating almost everyone. I have no reason to. i am content. I am not wanting, nor depressed or lonely. I really don’t know why I do this. I honestly Have very nice stuff. My two stereos are serious stuff. Why I feel the need to rub it in everyone’s face I personally cannot even put a tab on. I suggest to everyone here that they just ignore me when I go off on these tangents. Unless it is related to something. For instance many times I have mentioned my Select DAC II in anticipation of the Obsidian. I hope to get the Obsidian and sell the MSB. I honestly hope that the Obsidian is better. i have no reason to think that it would not be. I honestly love these forums. I think perhaps therein lies the issue. For some reason I want to push away the things I hold most dear. I do sincerely apologize. I truthfully had no intention of making anyone feel bad. I am being completely honest right now.