Directstream i2s not working

I agree but I can be pretty stubborn. At least I got it through Amazon so I can send it back.

also, should you a have a mac or linux computer available, you would rule out any driver/player incompatibility.

I hope you resolve this issue fairly quickly. Roon works well with the Matrix. You may be able to test it with Roon 30 days trial.

Problem lies in your laptop audio settings. If it shows spdif as your output? it´s wrong,you should see Matrix as your output device. Your PC doesn´t know what output you use from Matrix out…

I haven´t heard that there are any non functioning Matrix devices around,only wrong audio settings from the source. Check your audio outputs again and choose Matrix :slight_smile:

I trust you are right, when I connected the Stellar Gain Cell DAC to my computer the MacOS did show the PS Audio device as output option. Likewise you should be able to select the Matrix an not a general SPDIF output if the driver is correctly installed.

The USA distributer has emailed me offering to help, maybe they can figure it out. I think that there might be a problem in the unit where the output board in connected to the input board. I recently had a similar problem with a top of the line Luxman c-900 preamp. I was not getting sound out of one channel, they didn’t think that it was possible but when I sent it back they discovered that the lead from the input to output board had come loose.

Hopefully you’d have this resolved soon. The Matrix I2S to DS DAC sounds quite nice.

1 Like

I spoke to the USA importer and he tried to help me out. He confirmed that everything was set up properly and we tried out a few different things with no luck. He thinks that it might be a defective unit, although he has sold 100s with no problem or there might be a compatibility issue with my DS which he has also never heard of. In any case, he is sending me replacement hopefully it works.

1 Like

Wonderful.

If you still use spdif out settings on your laptop,it will never work because Matrix is USB in only and you should see something like Matrix / x-spdif as your output device. Or do you mean by your earlier posts that there is x-spdif output in use? or just spdif?

I received a replacement unit and it works with no problems.

3 Likes

Great news! I’m sure you are relieved.

Congratulations! Now to sound impressions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: