Ethernet Cables and Sound

Your statements and questions made my head spin.

The device works the same in either ‘direction’. You want the last Ethernet device in your chain to either be on the B side or alone on the A side. If using the B side to feed your last device, you can use other A side ports for various devices and they may realize some benefit from the 12 core transformers but the true value comes from ‘crossing the moat’ from A->B or from B->A (single device).

Hope that helps.

I use fiber to my server so I connect the B side to my upstream distribution switch, and the A SFP port to my server (which in turn connects to my DS via IS2)

1 Like

This is an ethernet in and out device. You put it where the last ethernet cable connection is.

***ck MQA?

Cluck MQA? Black MQA? Stuck MQA?

If you meant **ck MQA? I entirely agree. It seems to be history anyway.

Two ff’s. Or two uu’s.

…you’re up late, bruh.

I don’t know what this was about or what they’re up to.
https://www.mqa.co.uk/news/post/seed-ensemble-launches-the-master-sessions-collaboration

British Grove is Knopfler’s studio. Got tickets for a SEED gig in early April. Should be fun.

Nice.

Glasgow and Leeds. Who knew?

To further answer @aangen situation,you don´t want to connect ER to both Bridge2 and server at the same time. So connect only the one you listen to b side and then unplug and change source. Or get two etherRegens.

I feel bad selling my Bridge2 before I got my ER. I think that combo will fight Matrix setup pretty hard.

1 Like

I’m about to try the ER>DSDJr vs my macMini Matrix USB soon. :smiley:

I just got one of these it comes tomorrow. Interested to see if it makes a difference

1 Like

Okay, today my 8switch arrived. Fun.

4 Likes

I was hoping I would have some company!

1 Like

I did what @Aangen did in his system. I bought a router with an SFP (Fibre) cage and used fibre to connect my EtherRegen. Then on to a Roon ROCK server. I found a pleasant contribution to my sound quality. I had thought that I had maxed out the quality of my digital connections until I tried this. Total cost was about $150 Canadian.

1 Like

I have installed 2 Jcat femto network cards in my streamer and replaced the Crystec clock by an Pink Faun Ultra OCXO clock at one of the cards. Both Jcats are fed by a high grade linear powersupply (Farad). The difference in sound between the Jcats is clear, but even more in comparison with the normal Ethernet output of the streamer. I have done some measurements on the digital signal. I think I have some clear differences now to show.

This picture is from the router with a switching powersupply. You can see how the signal is dancing around the baseline.

Another picture directly from the router. You can see how unsteady the horizontal lines are.

Here’s a picture from behind the Jcat with ultra clock and linear powersupply. I think it’s still not perfect but it’s clear how much better the signal is.

Another from behind the Jcat with ultra.

The difference in sound is to much for words. I will try later to show this on the analog output of my dac as well. See the analog signal from last year higher (sept 19)

Enjoy the pictures. :grin:

1 Like

Looking forward to that.

Thanks me too! This weekend I will try first to picture the same message on the standard Jcat Femto, than from the normal Ethernet port of my streamer, than from the AQvox switch and compare these with the modified Jcat Femto.

That link is also rejected by Norton Security.