Ethernet Cables - Yes I'm going there... I was a skeptic and I was wrong

what you worry about is the switching regulators inside… higher clock speed = more noise transmitted to the DAC or device in theory

I assumed the 9VDC input (going to low noise linear PS) took away the switching supplies inside the converter? Yes, the clock now is much faster and more power to achieve gbps. What do you mean switcher inside? I assumed the voltage regulation happened externally with their wall plug (cheap switcher). At least when I looked at the convertor, that is what I saw?

There are regulators inside, i believe there are two. SoTM can change one of them to a linear and they change/add cap’s to sound better.

OK, they must be converting the 9V internally using a switcher. Good to know. I don’t understand TM?

Ha, a good question. SOtM Audio are a South Korean company.

They modified my FMC’s and I suggested this to cxp last year and they modified his FMC’s also and few other people’s since.

They’ve been modifying all sorts of things for people (by private request) for a long long time and this is where I got the idea to ask about FMC’s and I think I was the first to ask them about modifying the TP-Link FMC’s.

Link below:

https://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/

A huge change recently was moving from a cable modem router to a modified switch from SoTM.

Even compared to WiFi off, there was a huge bump in SQ getting the router out of my listening space. I wasn’t expecting a big bump since I have mod’d FMc’s. I believe most of the benefit is likely reducing the RF pollution from the router and the smps associated with it.

1 Like

I just tried out the Ghent Audio Cat6 with Metz, I’m liking what i’m hearing so far, even compared to the WW.

Blue Jeans Cat6 sounds like a wet blanket is thrown over everything and transients are dulled. The Ghent brings better dynamics and I like the sibilance control.