Formats

Gordon said: "THE gOD PARTICLE".

I would prefer "the good particle" :D

Higgs received the Nobel price in experimental physics today.

Home town hero. I gather he went for a walk in the Highlands and left the media to themselves.

Long ago I tested the AIFF/ALAC/WAV/FLAC options. Recall that WAV sounded good but lack of metadata and need for work arounds made it non-optional for me. So, FLAC0, and I’ve not looked back.

They both looked pretty happy at the ceremony. =D>

It is an amazing bit of theoretical work and later experimental verification. Very cool!

I hope everyone here knows it is actually the “goddamn particle.”

@alekz have you tried also the opposite? filling the all free cpu cycles so the bridge load would be 1.0? I have a theory… :slight_smile:

@alekz have you tried also the opposite? filling the all free cpu cycles so the bridge load would be 1.0? I have a theory... :)

No, not yet. Is your idea similar to constant Class A power consumption? ;)

@alekz more or less - yes :slight_smile: Originally i have found that keeping cpu loaded on some old servers (pc desktop based) somehow made them more stable :slight_smile:

It may be, that if we are talking about fluctuations of power consumption it may be good idea to keep it constant, no matter if it’s low or high. just my 2 cents i have not tried it yet neither with audio :slight_smile:

I suspect the little load on the CPU is such that this has some impact on how the data is retrieved/sent.

It does not make sense to me how this would have an impact on the sound, especially with asynchronous USB and any DAC which reclocks the data-stream.

Very mysterious.
In the article in the thread (let's build a new computer) are a few things mentioned, one is the cpu temperature which could be of influence on the sound.