Holo Audio: one of the best dacs ever? J Atkinson, H Reichert, S Deckert, M Lavorgna, GoldenSound, D Abramson and the Stereophile reviewers think so. Stereophile A+ and POY 2020

Bye amigos, time to listen to the amazing May Innuos combo.
« Chow cold », movie quote.

1 Like

It’s probably very system and synergy dependent, as usual.

My dealer said that clients usually detect an improvement with a better switch right away.

I didn’t, with the English electric, sotm. The Melco brought a small but clear improvement.
I was ready to call bull$hit.

The Innuos is in a completely different league, in my system.
I was skeptical, because I tried an Innuos Zenith and didn’t like it that much. I went Nucleus+ and Lumin U1 instead.

But. this one, OMG, a home run in my system,to my ears, YMMV.

« Bye bye, so long, @@@ boys » (mr Chow, the Hangover).

1 Like

Yes @NordicDave, welcome to the club, you pulled the trigger.

1 Like

Oh the bass, clarity and realism. Oblivion OST wow :star_struck:

:thinking:
If only it was not so expen$ive. Having the Zenith Mk II and Phoenix reclocker I toyed with the idea until I noticed the price. A bit much, but I’m sure it sounds magnificent.

1 Like

Try it from your dealer, no commitment, like I did.
I was very skeptical. I had a very negative a priori, after my Zenith mk3 trial.
It’s very expensive, but I would be surprised if you return it …

1 Like

It’s 10 PM in Brussels.
I am switching from B&W 800 to Audeze headphones.

1 Like

Switching the Roon DSP presets for my audeze lcd xs.
Nice.

1 Like

Just not ready to commit to the outlay. I’m sure I’d like it, but…that’s a lot of Do-Re-Mi for a switch.

1 Like

Just borrow it no commitment from your dealer, then you can decide.

To be clear, I’ve decided. I don’t want to borrow if I’m not going to buy it. It doesn’t seem proper to ask the dealer for a loaner when I have no intention of buying one.

4 Likes

Totally agree.

Anyway, the biggest bang for the buck upgrade was the Holo.
Cheapest component in my system and biggest upgrade impact, except for speakers upgrade.

2 Likes

Happy cake day, Sami!

1 Like

The Innuos Phœnix Net is breaking in nicely. This is from a review:

« “There was little doubt what the high-end switch contributed. Vocals and instrumentals had more precise definition and dimensional sculpting. “Wie entgrated” read my notes which translates to “deburred”. That referred to image edges that were at once rounder and more accurate so showed less feathering or burrs. With that and the lift of a fine fog, not only did individual images gain in contrast but the entire stage felt more transparent and specific. Particularly the depth dimension gained. With wall-of-sound Rock, that mattered less to not at all but did change significantly on quality Jazz and classical albums whose productions captured actual venue cues. Here the PhoenixNet wrote real profits.” - Sixmoons »

It’s what I hear, along with better defined bass.
And this is with the stock power cord.

My streaming now sounds better than my PST, and that’s saying a lot, because the PST is fantastic.

1 Like

Oh the bass … Kylie is right there … the twin B&W 25 cm woofers per side? The twin class A Plinius ? The May? The Innuos Phœnix ? Who knows? Who cares?
Enjoy the music amigos and be well, my friends.

1 Like

Comment suppressed
(I created a new philter instead)

1 Like

Thanks again, adimon. I will give them a Call later Today …

My Holo Audio May KTE has been ordered……

4 Likes

Congratulations I am sure you will share your thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

@twablt
Tom, I am interested in the Serene.
You and @brett66 seem to love it, and prefer it to the more expensive BHK pre.
Can you please share how it sounds and why you love it?