IRS Beta

Hi, does anyone know which of the BHK power amps would be best for my IRS Beta, would it be enough with 1 stereo amp or do i have to have 2 monos???

I too have the IRS Beta and if you have the bass amp covered already, then a Stereo 250 BHK is plenty for the Betas, though a pair of monoblocks will sound better - the 250 stereo is amazing, so you won’t be dissapointed.

Paul McGowan said I too have the IRS Beta and if you have the bass amp covered already, then a Stereo 250 BHK is plenty for the Betas, though a pair of monoblocks will sound better - the 250 stereo is amazing, so you won't be dissapointed.

I will look into the 250 BHK when my listening room is finished.

I´m following your “building a room” series because i have a similar room/area. 12ft x 27ft and 7.8ft to the ceiling. I´ve just put down a new concrete floor. Now i´m to find someone who can help with the acoustics. Minhembio.com - Hemma hos 81017 - Mina bilder scroll down to veiw pics.

Looks like you’ll have a cool space. The woofers will likely be closer to the wings, as you’ve shown, but I’ll bet you can get this to sound awesome with the right electronics. I am certainly no acoustic expert but if it were my room I’d be building an inner room - 2x4 studs against the concrete, insulating the cavity, drywall over top.