Looking for Amp Recommendation

Can’t you hook up the P12 to the wifi and control it from any old device with a browser?

True (accessing P12 via wifi), but after the last power outage the P12 became lost on my network. I need a few free hours to debug what went wrong. I was using the P12 via browser to turn the Amp off and on if I knew there would be days between use. In general though I’d just leave it on.

If weight is an major issue and you don’t want to go with the 700’s you might take a look at the Benchmark AHB2. Very nice piece of gear and lightweight…2 in mono would get you there!

Ray,

I elected to go with the 260.8 mono’s. Got them in the system Friday night, they were a demo pair a couple of months ols that did not require any burn-in, The Hawks sounded GREAT after the recommended our to warm up. While this is a little early to give you a lot of specifics, but instruments seem less congested with a lot more space around each group…does that make any sense?

Initially I thought that the upper frequencies were a little harsh (was listening to Linda Ronstadt (Around Midnight), will have to try again to make sure I heard what I thought I did and if it evident elsewhere. A couple of classical selections sounded better that I can ever recall they sounded with the ML. Jazz selections sounded just right (have been to many live Jazz performances in small venues) which I think is a real tribuate to the Hawks. Even going with old stand-bys, Pink Floyde, Dire Straits and Seeley Dan was just right.

Currently have Holt, The Planets on as I write this and the same as the other day, less congested, more like you are there kind of sq. Will try some other female vocals, even a Whitney Houston (who had tremendous range) to the nasally Adel and some Nora Jones (not a favorite as I think everyting sounds the same). If yu have some suggestion of tracks that you feel your Hawks do very well, let me know as I will give it a try.

It is still ‘new car syndrone’ time as I am still feeling my way through these, but I have no regrets what so ever. (and if I did Mark from Reno HiFi said I could send them back(not going to happen!)). I had gotten some additional suggestions of tracks to play as they will test both the amps and speakers, I will see how far I get through the list I got from the guys on Audiogon.

It is rainy here and chilly, so it really makes specding the day in front of the speakers that much better!

Any other questions or commens, you can go direct, stevea11716@gmail.com

SteveA