Matrix X-SPDIF 2

Sent $300.

Got it, thanks!

I deleted the personal info in the above posts to avoid the crawlers. It looks like the two of you are all set. If not, I suggest going to PMs.

If I can help just let me know!

1 Like

Wait! I’ll give you $375!!!

3 Likes

Too late Al!

1 Like

Thank you Sir!

2 Likes

@aangen probably has 4 Pardo’s in a closet at home already.

1 Like

Probably buried beneath his propane tank!

1 Like

Before I spend an hour fighting the spiders and the dust in the storage space to dig it out, any thoughts on how an old squeezebox touch will sound pushed through a matrix?

My guess is it will sound pretty good.

Happy Cake Day!

1 Like

Axshully I donuts.

The best power supply I have is my Keces P8. Second place is my Sboosters. Third place my Small Green Computer supplies.

I also have two Uptone Audio supplies but one died.

I currently have more DACs than power supplies.

You have to do some sort of trick to enable the USB port to be an output. I never bothered to learn that trick with mine but many did. I suppose you could use the regular digital outs but I recall reading it sounded better through the USB port.

I think it’s worth doing myself. (Testing it through the Matrix)

Happy Anniversary!

1 Like

My second Sbooster is arriving tomorrow. If you didn’t speak so highly of them I’m not sure if I would of discovered them. So thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

Oh really? You are most welcome. I like mine quite a bit. There are folks here who didn’t stop at Sboosters and found others they like better. I am curious, but not curious enough to order one.

I hope it takes as good care of you as they do me!

1 Like

I have one on my Matrix Spdif and the second 19v will be for my Nucleus. The Sbooster for the money seems like a bargain compared to some of the other well reviewed power supplies on this forum.

1 Like

Naw just the equivalent of a King’s Harem each different with its own unique attributes till he finds a new special beauty.

I recall it was the Enhanced Digital Output plugin. It’s been many years, but I think it was fairly easy to implement. Will give it a go, see how it sounds.

I recall being very very fond of my Squeezebox Touch (2). Then I got a Transporter. I had troubles with the Transporter so I gave it to the guy who taught me to buy expensive cables. I doubt he ever powered it up. Sad as there was a time when the Transporter was the most desirable object.

1 Like

Those developers really had it down with their server software, particularly with gapless. I remember Paul and his boys at PS Audio struggled for what seemed like years to get gapless implemented with bridge I. Never happened until bridge II

1 Like

The newest driver is v.5.0.0.

Works on Win10.

V5.0.0 (December 04, 2020)

• New: support for Windows 10 (2009/20H2)

• Fix: “ExposeToAsio” registry value in VirtualChannelProfiles

• New: API version 5.7, some API functions added

• New: several registry parameters added

• New: WDM sound device profile switching

• New: hardware channels can be hidden now

• New: USB audio float format support

• New: ASIO DLL now supports “AsioHide” parameter

’ New: ASIO future extension allows to get access to hidden channels

• Chg: reduced default StreamingBufferMaxDuration from 4ms to 1ms

• Chg: documentation

3 Likes