Matrix X-SPDIF 2

I have HFC Reveal power and analog xlr cables connected to dsd dac and like them a lot. Im very interested in hearing your impressions of HFC digital xlr CT-2,once installed. I also have tried some digital xlr with Matrix but cheapo SCP hdmi sounds better. With CT-2 it might be different ballgame. Yes,Matrix and DSD dac combo with almost any kind of add ons, is a game changer level upgrade. Havent heard many complaints.

1 Like

Platinum series 7 hdmi just arrived. I wont be able to take a listen until we get back from vacation next week.

2 Likes

So I have finally decided to give this a shot, if improving all the power, amp and cords, etc. I figure that it is time to try seeing if I can improve the music itself.

Quick question, guessing by what I have read, people have heard an improvement over a Roon Rock to Bridge II just using fairly standard USB and HDMI cables. I want to start there and then upgrade later if I hear the improvement first.

Is that sensible? USB is going to either be a StraightWire or the one that will come with it and HDMI will be the PSA more recent version that came with the DMP.

Thoughts?

PS: Arthur the distributor still gave me the 10% off when I explained that he was out of stock for so long in Feb.

A good rule of thumb is to spend 10 times on the cable what you spent on the gear. :wink:

2 Likes

I have been following the conversation, and researching prices, you are not wrong!

I spend a ridiculous amount of money on cables. One day I will learn to do the same for feet. LOL.
I will say though, I am satisfied with results of my cable purchases. I wish that were not the case. I wish bits are just bits and wire is just wire. But it’s not, in my experience.

Aangen, I am totally with you on this. I agree that cables make a system reach its potential

I made some RCA and XLR interconnects using Duelund 20GA tin plated OFC hookup wire (DCA20GA) for about $100 per pair. These cables were as good or better than ANY interconnects I had tried before. Buy some quality connectors and build yourself some interconnects using this wire and you will stop spending stupid money on interconnects!

I am not sure if I have the skill to do a usb or an hdmi cable. The soldering is quite fine

Note that I said RCA and XLR, not USB and/or HDMI…

Understood, it was just that the only cables I needed from the Matrix were the usb/hdmi. But I do see your point with RCA and XLR, it does make sense.

Same here.
Tried to make HQP work, but wasted hours and never got any sound out.
Very frustrating !

To reiterate, HQP is nearly impossible to set up on one’s own because the manual is so poorly written. But with help, it literally takes 5 minutes. Unfortunately, I can’t help with Windows. Questions posted to the HQP thread on Audiophile Style will get a quick response from the developer and others. You’ll be up and running in no time.

Where’d everybody go :innocent:?

They must be listening to music!

Unfortunately some of us still have a J.O.B.:laughing:

Matrix exhaustion maybe?

Maybe. That little box has got a lot of mileage.

Yah. I still think the matrix is the real deal.

I broke down and ordered an LPS 1.2.
Now that I have both Jr. and a Sr. I am debating getting a second Matrix and a second LPS 1.2.
Two different systems, twenty feet apart.
What is wrong with me anyway?
(My formally biggest system is also within twenty feet of the other two. No external DACs there.)(yet)

1 Like