This is my first post here. I just got my DS yesterday. I ended up not doing any work and listening for hours and I anticipate much of the same the rest of the week. What an amazing DAC. Hats off to the team at PS Audio, this is life changing for me – I’ve never owned a source this good before and am thrilled. I tend to keep my equipment for a long time ( I’m still running speakers I purchased in 1998 ). I’m running it via ROON over ethernet into the bridge II from a Mac. It works amazingly well.
However, I noticed a few things that I thought I should mention, and apologies if there is already a solution for this or mentioned elsewhere before ( I’m still learning the interface ):
- DS Seems to work with ROON as a RAAT ready device for the most part. However, the forward/back buttons behave strangely. The forward button at least a few times went to the beginning of the queue and other times to the previous track. The back button moved forward. I'm guessing they are just reversed and I noticed an anomaly but it would be good to fix the reversal since it's clunky.
- It's great seeing album art. But at a distance all the other stuff is unreadable glare and one can barely see the album, it's so tiny. Also it's very inelegant to have all that text when it is only meaningful up close. Just as an example, it would be nice to have 3 modes in the display:
- The one you have currently
- A screen with just the Album filling half of the screen ( instead of a fourth ) and names without track position or bitrate etc
- A screen with only the album filling the screen at the largest square ( and maybe track info underneath ).
- Blacking on the background when the album only is shown
- Dimming has only one step to turn off and is extremely bright when on. It would be good to cycle through multiple levels of brightness when pressing the dim button.
- The bridge ii doesn't show any firmware info it's at 0.0
Anyways, my thanks again for making such a great product that is bound to provide many hours of future enjoyment.