Nulling EM with shape as always

If we have a long ribbon of a capacitively coupled conductor pair, and we arrange it into a helical twirl producing matching inductance to the conductor pair’s net capacitance, are we somehow considering it as essentially a null component with an impedance?

And why not have a capacitor whose plates are wound in a coiled shape for countering the capacitance. Then, why? A resistive and reactive “externally null” component, well, for tuning the signal somehow of course. No, preserving it? Tuning for taste, too.

Okay, okay, that was extremely dumb idealism.

What I meant must have been the concept of a part of a circuit, as in… a conductive element… a conductor, a cable, a component… that has minimal loss of signal by geometry and that attenuates interference by geometry, thus by an optimal balance of its reactive components.
How long-winded!

By further thought, I realized that ICONOCLAST designs are exactly this. Galen, you should start designing a range of of passive components too.

Make it outa chocolate and I might buy it - sounds delicious :slight_smile:

With designs like ICONOCLAST, I feel we are more and more being pulled towards the direction of: what is the conductor made out of?
The geometry as of today is as well optimized for an EM signal transmission as we can see, but to improve is to delve into very exotic material science, I feel…

Would Darren Myers say in this year and age, in his podcast, that “silver is revealing something copper is masking”, while not truly feeling this way? I’d think he would most probably be right_, given his experience.
(He might not be the sole believer in this belief)

((Just saying,… )
[[Nudging at Siltech monocrystalline nearly 100%(vol) silver]]
[Ever so slightly]