OPPO 203 and 205 now Roon Ready

Thanks Veneet. I got 48/24 off the Dire Straits Blu-ray regardless of the settings you mentioned as well. As I said before, I know there are 96/24 files on there. Sounds pretty good anyway. Not sure it’s worth chasing the higher sample rate. May have to think about trying a different de-embedder, Btw, are you using an Oppo 203 or 205? I’ve got the 205, which sounds pretty decent using the built-in DAC and balanced cables out. Not as good as the DS, though.

Hey Steve,

I have a 205 as well, and yeah, it is pretty tough to beat. I think it just became an obsession while I wasn’t working to figure it out. Almost anything played through the 205 or the DS is pretty sweet. Not sure if it is really worth chasing.

I watch a lot of movies, etc. on my 2 channel as it is the opposite side of the house from our bedroom so the wife can sleep, and it just annoyed me that they were getting downsampled. To be really honest there isn’t a whole lot in a movie’s dialogue/gunfights/explosions that are going to sound all that much better either way when I cant turn it up anyway!

Veneet was kind enough to sell me his Atlona de-embedder and I am now getting 96/24 files off a 96/24 Blu-ray, unlike with my TrippLite, which down-sampled to 48/24. It seems not all de-embedders do exactly the same thing.