POLLS: How Old Are You?; and What is Your Gender?

and you have a “dry clutch” with open cover :grinning:
I had 3 Monsters before as well cheers

1 Like

My son had a 998. What a beautiful pain in the ass it was. Really, hardly streetable. It ran very hot no matter what we did.

OK, Elk, show us yours…

Ahh… Ferrari… Maseratti… the cheapest things about the car is the price. I had a close friend who owned 3 Ferraris and another a Maseratti. I was always astounded how they could, sitting all by themselves, engine off, eject parts. Chunks would fly off of them.

The dealer actually told my friend, if you are going to drive it, you are going to have big maintenence costs. Can you believe it? There was a time when I actually considered buying one.

Yea, Ferrari… Maserati… yea… NOT

Peace
Bruce in Philly

My first 911 was a 1967. It was my only car and I drove the nuts off it. It was dead reliable but if I sat quietly at night, I could hear it rust.

Here are a couple of them:

I was just up the river from there this year with friends. We hiked around where the steamboats are and dined in Stillwater. Nice biking area.

Here is me racing years ago:

bike

Here is me this year:

car

2 Likes

Your bike got wider… ; )

OK…bootzilla, next poll: How much older or younger are you mentally than your physical age? In +/- 5-yr. increments ; )

1 Like

Who should answer that, us or spouse/significant other?

2 Likes

How about with a GoPro strapped to your head?

1 Like

Well, this has nothing to do with any specific exotic car manufacturer as they all have insane maintenance costs. For example, whether Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, or similar type super cars, don’t expect to pay less than $2500 for an oil change. Maintenance cost and reliability are two separate animals. I wouldn’t say one make is any more reliable, or unreliable, than the other based on personal experience and those I am close with. But, not to get off topic… Ron mentioned engine sound and the tuneful, sexy exhaust sound of the Maserati is hard to deny.

OMG! : ) good one. Actually both would be good - and interesting, and possibly significant and educational ; )

OK - wait, before we do those, First let’s do an Estimate of what we THINK our spouses will say. Ummm, starting to sound like The Newlywed Game…

Forever a man-child? I’m 41. :rofl:

I’m so old I prefer to cruise. . . .4453_1145382591355_2725308_n

I’m in the largest percentile. . . 63, male. I think I started off somewhat of an audiophile because when I was 7 my father was given a Dynaco tuner, preamp, amp, AR turntable and EV speakers by a member of his church who was moving to England. My Dad somehow managed to buy (he was an inner-city minister with 4 kids) a beautiful cherry wood cabinet to house all these that he still uses to this day (that was '62, 220 dollars). I was fascinated with that stereo. . that was the start for me.

3 Likes

That’s a great story!

1 Like

I have a KTM 1190 Adventure and a Honda Fireblade RR3. I am 70. I did a couple of test rides on the latest Ducati Multistrada recently. Too civilised. The KTM is more hooligan.

1 Like

Had no idea you were so young…; )

But the Ducati Multistrada is faster, beating all motorcycles this year in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. The Multistrada won three times in the last seven years and was the first to run the course in less than ten minutes.

The KTM Super Duke 1290 R won last year. Great machine and perfect for hooning.