Problem Connecting DS to CD Player Digital Out

In any case, your player will not convert SACD into PCM for transport over S/PDIF.

Elk said

In setup, set SACD priority to CD Mode. This automatically plays the CD layer of a hybrid disk.

Sorry, guess I did not make myself clear, I am only trying to play the stereo layer of my SACDs, I know the SACD only outputs HDMI or Ana.

But note I said earlier …‘I have also set Playback Setup to ‘SACD Priority: Stereo’’. Is’t this the same ?

rogerdn said
Sorry, guess I did not make myself clear, I am only trying to play the stereo layer of my SACDs, I know the SACD only outputs HDMI or Ana.

But note I said earlier …‘I have also set Playback Setup to ‘SACD Priority: Stereo’’. Is’t this the same ?

No, it apperes to not be the same.

From the manual:

1. SACD Priority:

To select which audio layer to play for SACD (Super Audio CD). The options are: •

Multi-Channel – Play the multi-channel surround audio layer •

Stereo – Play the 2-channel stereo audio layer •

CD Mode – Play the CD layer of a hybrid SACD disc

st50maint said
rogerdn said
Sorry, guess I did not make myself clear, I am only trying to play the stereo layer of my SACDs, I know the SACD only outputs HDMI or Ana. But note I said earlier ..'I have also set Playback Setup to 'SACD Priority: Stereo''. Is't this the same ?

No, it apperes to not be the same.

From the manual:

1. SACD Priority:

To select which audio layer to play for SACD (Super Audio CD). The options are: •

Multi-Channel – Play the multi-channel surround audio layer •

Stereo – Play the 2-channel stereo audio layer •

CD Mode – Play the CD layer of a hybrid SACD disc

Hmmm, will have to check set up again when home, but guess I don’t understand the difference, thanks.

rogerdn said
Hmmm, will have to check set up again when home, but guess I don't understand the difference, thanks.

On many SACDs there are 3 different possibilities to choose from.

1. Multichannel DSD
  2. Stereo DSD
  3. Stereo PCM
st50maint said
rogerdn said
Hmmm, will have to check set up again when home, but guess I don't understand the difference, thanks.

On many SACDs there are 3 different possibilities to choose from.

1. Multichannel DSD
  2. Stereo DSD
  3. Stereo PCM

Oh understand now, did not know there was a 2 ch DSD, that explains it, mucho thanks.
st50maint said On many SACDs there are 3 different possibilities to choose from. 1. Multichannel DSD 2. Stereo DSD 3. Stereo PCM
Exactly. Thanks for stepping in.