Quote of the Day

In the modern world, people will believe almost anything if it is dressed up in the name of science… — C.S. Lewis

2 Likes

“Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under.” ~ H.L. Mencken

3 Likes

“Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.” ~ Napoleon Bonaparte

5 Likes

“I shall not slobber over a fuse”
Nietzsche

6 Likes

When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro.
H. S. Thompson.

2 Likes

“I’ll never be Bob Dylan. He’s the master.”

• Neil Young

That reminds me of something that I suppose should rightly be placed in the lyrics thread:

Beautiful despair is hearing Dylan
When you’re drunk at 3 a.m.
Knowing that the chances are
No matter what you’ll never write like him

–Rodney Crowell, “Beautiful Despair” from The Outsider

1 Like

“The … fundamental thing is that I am centrally aware that all this is just entertainment, mine and yours. The objective needs of amplifier users are largely solved on a practical level, and as [Marshall] McLuhan perceptively noted, when that happens, we turn our technology into art.” (Nelson Pass)

6 Likes

“I think the highest and lowest points are the important ones. Anything else is just…in between.” ~ Jim Morrison

“Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction.” ~ Bob Marley

2 Likes

7 Likes

“The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant” ~ Maximilien Robespierre

“You can’t run a country by a book of religion Not by a heap or a lump or a smidgeon of foolish rules of ancient date, designed to make you all feel great while you fold, spindle & mutilate those unbelievers from a neighboring state”
FZ

1 Like

In honor of tomorrow’s inflation numbers and the upcoming Fed Reserve meeting…

3 Likes

4 Likes

“No trees were killed in the sending of this message, however, a large number of electrons have been terribly inconvenienced…” - Anonymous

5 Likes

From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen.
Cat Stevens

1 Like

Similar to the parent who can’t wait for their child to walk and talk and as soon as they can they’re ordered to “sit down and shut up”.

George Carlin (I think)

5 Likes

Carlin is my hero

2 Likes

It’s good to be the King
Mel Brooks

4 Likes