Quote of the Day

One of my favorites because it gives insight into her business acumen. “It costs a lot of money to look this cheap.” Dolly Parton

1 Like

@hthaller - Love ya Howard, and can’t disagree with that quote. But I had not heard of this guy before, and I wish that perhaps I hadn’t, if I’m reading the Interwebs aright🤷🏻‍♂️

The difficulty with “reality” being what it is these days.

Sowell is a brilliant man. Why wish you hadn’t heard of him?

Let’s stay away from politics.

Thanks

Completely agree with you, Elk. But T.S. is an economist and philosopher with a very big brain, not and never a politician. I refuse to talk politics lately.

He is indeed a fascinating man.

He has, however, taken a number of political positions, including candidate endorsements, which some will agree with, some not. I expect this is to which @badbeef refers.

If anyone is curious, there is a great deal of information about Mr. Sowell readily available with a Google search.

If anyone is interested, I’d recommend his own website/words for an undistorted view.
I have disagreed with him many times on candidates, but I’ve never felt injured or “unsafe”.

Exactly what we will not be discussing here.

Thanks

In Mozart’s time, concert A was 422Hz to 424Hz.

Pitch kept rising over the years and is now plus or minus 440Hz. String players often opine their instruments are more powerful at a higher tonal center.

Last night I asked a friend who moved from NJ to Florida what he most liked about Florida.
“You don’t shovel sunshine”

1 Like

It’s a trade from shoveling snow to shoveling rain and humidity.

1 Like

and hurricanes with tornadoes. :grin:

1 Like

Let’s not forget the lightening. An audiophile nightmare.

“Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.” ~ Confucius

1 Like

:thinking:………

1 Like

Quote of the Friday Night:

“I nevah knew…you
You were a rollah skatah
You gonna show me latah
(turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening)”

Steely Dan

1 Like

Martin Luther
“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”

3 Likes

“The media’s the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that’s power. Because they control the minds of the masses.” ~ Malcolm X

3 Likes

Often more true today than it was back in Malcom X’s day, I would submit.

1 Like

Some required reading for those who want to pull harder on this string.

Edward Bernays. In some ways the father of modern journalism. Short books, but eye-opening.