Refurbs at the Music Room

I also just bought one. I was impressed with the details of just redbook CD’s. However, I have a couple of “issues”. Does anyone know the answers?

1. the SD Card slot is just a big hole (I think the card reader is loose and when inside). What’s going on here?

2. the Expansion slot card screws are missing and therefore is loose (would that cause the SD card reader’s issue?). I don’t use the Expansion card anyway.

3. When I load the CD, the CD tray is noticeably shaking, is this normal or defective?

Overall, I like the Music Room with good price and fast shipping. I have sent the same inquiry to them and waiting for their answers…

I’d appreciate any help you could provide.

chonggou,

I know that 3. is not normal and would guess that 1. and 2. should not be happening either. I would anticipate that the Music Room will tell you that as well… . .Sorry this is happening and keep us posted.

1 and 2 are not normal. The tray moves a bit, just like a DVD player tray, but should not be excessive.

1. When an SD card is inside, does the PWTs screen say that the memory is OK?

2. Go ahead and send me an email at jamesh@psaudio.com and I can get you some screws so tighten the expansion port down.

3. Like most drives, there is a bit of give with the tray. Does it sound like mechanical noise when a CD is playing?

I know this is long after the fact, but I’m a new PWT owner, and I did buy mine refurbished from TMR audio. It arrived with a problem: the transport mechanism was quite noisy, to the extent that I could hear it whirring all the way across the room. PS Audio was every bit as good as their word about warranty service–I sent it to them for service, they fixed the problem and sent it back very quickly. So my opinion is that it’s a safe purchase, though by now TMR has probably sold out their stock of them.