Roon, Audirvana and Jriver on the DSJ

BubbleUpnp also got the ability to intermix tracks from both Qobuz and Tidal (without MQA) within the play queue / play lists.

OK. Soā€¦I downloaded MConnect Control HD, to my iPad Mini; and in ā€˜play toā€™ā€¦I donā€™t have the option for my DsJ Bridge. :thinking:

Is your Bridge hooked up to the internet by direct hard-wiring it with your router? I would start there, then a complete reboot of the DS (on the back), wait a minute and check the DS display to confirm if the Bridge is online. Some got issues with a static IP-adress, I prefer DHCP. After that restart the mcontrolHD app, which now should give you the option to select the Bridge tapping the ā€˜play toā€™ button;

Thanks! Good 'ole full custom reboot :slight_smile:

Just TIDAL so far; but I LOVE the fact, that you donā€™t need anything installed on a computer; the app on the iPad alone, pushes to the DsJ (which, quite franklyā€¦I think all UPnP should do).

Yesā€¦ interface, isnā€™t quite as polished as some others; but itā€™s freeā€¦and so far, ā€œworksā€.

Question: Iā€™m noticing a limiting of TIDAL Masters, to 24/44.1. Is there something I need to set-up differently; or is this a limitation (my comparisons, with JRiver at 24/48 and mConnect HD at 24/44.1ā€¦are against the AAM and Brooklyn; which would climb as high as 24/192, and even beyond in a few instances)?

You need to go into Tidal settings and check the HIFI/Master radio button under Streaming. Then youā€™ll get full MQA.

Awesome!

Now; I guess I need an applicationā€¦to push my own files, from the ā€œNASā€ to the mConnect?

My unRAID set-upā€¦allows a number of DLNA servers, to be run as Docker.

Any suggestions, on particular good onesā€¦for mConnect HD?

Minimserver would be a good place to start if your NAS supports it (I have no idea what Docker is). Itā€™s donation-ware so if you end up not using it thereā€™s no need to pay anything (and the amount you pay is up to you). If you do end up using it, by all means make a donation.

Just another tip; playing Flac files from your NAS setting up Minimserver to trancode Flac to WAV delivers even better SQ. Using it on my Melco and how to is easy to be found http://minimstreamer.com/userguide.html
Happy listening :grinning:

Hmm, transcoding flac to wav would/should be the same as playing flac, same info just compressed losslessly. If it sounds better, I would be suspect of what is being changed.

The theory is that the Bridge has to work harder to decode FLAC files, which takes more power, etc. Nothing new in this. People have been reporting that WAV or AIFF files sound better than FLAC since the first Bridge. Having the computer (including one that powers a NAS) do the conversion saves the Bridge from having to do it.

Makes sense, thanks.

Of course not everybody agrees about this. But then when does everybody ever agree on anything in this hobby. :grin: (Although it is also my experience.)

Cool. I like your effort in putting that post together.

Aha, love you all. :wink:

[AssetUPnP works nicely on a Mac. Also, many routers can provide (non-DLNA) file-server capabilities from a USB drive.

Thatā€™s an excellent suggestion!

I ran with that for quite a while. I had my Asus router providing FTP and Samba server to Roon and BubbleUPnP. It never gave me any issues and sound quality was not affected.
I just looked, and my newer Asus offers DLNA server as well.