Sprout used for some time now

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I really like this little tool. I joined the kickstarter campaign so I have used it for some time now. And I have grown to love Bluetooth… Easy to use, stable and good enough sound quality.

Since I don´t have a tv I use my macbbook and I can stream the sound to the Sprout and sound and picture is in sync. You can´t say that about airplay…

I have more flea power tube amps and vinyl record players than I should and I often use Sprout as a jack of all trades preamp. And it shines! And it´s all there, RIIA, DAC and the wonderful Bluetooth connection.

Sound quality from streaming services like Apple Music and Spotify is not really that good when compared to my own ripped collection (aif files) and it is easy for everyone to hear. I am a bit sceptic to the sound of many dacs. In my main system I have a non oversampling dac, cheap but easy on the ear. I haven´t put it against the Sprout, and I don´t intend to either, but I want to stress that the DAC in the Sprout does sound good to my ears. And I consider myself as a bit picky about the sound of digital.

If the cut in price reach Sweden I may get a second. The Bluetooth connection alone makes it worth it to have one in the every system.

I want to say Thanks to PS Audio and this forum and it´s members! This is a place where I actually can learn things or at least get sound opinions.

Thanks for the feedback and welcome to the forum! Stick around and let us know how things evolve further.

Thanks Ignatz for the nice comments! We are glad you are enjoying the unit, or “tool” as you have described it, which I REALLY like. Thanks for the great marketing tip and yes Sprout should be quite available in Sweden!

Best,

Scott

Scott McGowan said Thanks Ignatz for the nice comments! We are glad you are enjoying the unit, or "tool" as you have described it, which I REALLY like. Thanks for the great marketing tip and yes Sprout should be quite available in Sweden!

Best,

Scott

Hi Scott and all in the forum. i enjoy the sprout every day. I mostly listen to streamed music Tidal, apple spotify. Tidal really gives you high quality sound. i tried to play my own iTunes library though pure music Amarra Hqplayer, it seams like an improvement but at the end i left it to the natural sound. Sometimes i use Bit perfects if i remember. For classic music streaming i recently discovered Classiconline Hd. Wow this is something else high quality HD is 96000 /24, the collection is still limited but great sound, best of all till now.

I had some bluetooth issues in my macbook pro so i purchase the Sennheiser BTD 500 USB and wow again the Sprout bluetooth sound at it best recommend it. a specially if you like to be using the laptop sitting in the arm chair and control the music. a remote to the sprout please…

One more gadget the Jitterbug from audioquest , well… not sure what is it doing hope it was not a 50 $ spent bad.

What is important i enjoy the sprout more and more .

I have a small library of LPs want to buy more. using a simple LP60 Audio-thecnica did not convinced me, may be a REGA i had one 30 years ago. what range of prices will be good enough?

Thanks Alon

Hi Alon,

I love the AudioTechnicas as well as the Rega. If you are going for a new TT, I would suggest you find a nice RP-1 or anything from Pro-Ject’s excellent offering. If you wish to go a little higher-end, I would sugguest the Scout from VPI Industries (handmade in America!) Thanks! -Scott