Streaming PlayLists

Deleted post.

2 Likes

I donā€™t stream. There, I said it. My name is Ron and I still donā€™t stream.
Every time I hear folks talking about streaming, theyā€™re spending a shtton of money on streaming to get it sounding as good as CD.
And when I consider starting on streaming, I usually spend that earmarked money on a new cartridge or something.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

I am certainly not an anti-streamerā€¦ I LOVE it. A slight drop in SQ (in the soundroom) in exchange for access to 6 million songs? Sign me up. It is not my ā€˜onlyā€™ source, just another option. And it follows me wherever I go. At work, Tidal & internet radio are always on. Tidal Master for me as Qobuz is anti-Canadianā€¦ :laughing: $20 a month? Insane value.
Iā€™ve sampled other playlists folksā€™ demo playlists like PS Audio, Audio Excellence, and naturally I have several of my own. And Flim & the BBā€™s are now on Tidal!! Finally. :grin: :grin:
And even though I OWN all the Flim cds, streaming enables me to ring up ā€œOver & Outā€ even if I am wanting to play that track on someone elseā€™s system. PS Audioā€™s playlist is quite varied and extensive. Audio Excellence is here: (If I link it correctly:
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/1acaeca2-1660-4336-8566-570ef6c10888

And PSA
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/36b14bc7-db1f-469a-90d7-75b8f47630cd

And donā€™t forget House Of Not is on Tidalā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Streaming - Great way to discover new material (punch in a few songs and let the algorithm play after those are done) or for days like today - ā€œIā€™m gonna just listen to Uriah Heep all dayā€.

1 Like

What ā€˜Cha Streaming

Pretty much everything except Country and Bluegrass (I tried, I really did, but couldnā€™t appreciate either).

and why?

'cause I can. The exploration, especially via Roon is groundbreaking.

Whatā€™s my streaming source?

Qobuz

1 Like

I am all in on streaming. I use a Pink Faun 2.16 ultra as a file storage / server / streamer which is probably primary overkill but what the hell you only go around once.

I have all of my CDā€™s burned to a hard drive and also a few hundred digital album downloads. I do have a fully loaded Oppomod 203 CD spinner but havenā€™t used it in a year or so.

I am a happy Roon user and my streaming service of choice is Qobuz. Between my local and online available music I will never run out of things to listen to.

As far as genres I have them all covered except a little thin on Raggae, world, bluegrass and electonic. Nothing is really off limits at least once.

For me the SQ is more than good enough and the choices are endless. There are some choices in gear that need to be made similarly to LP systems.
Hope this helps
Vern

1 Like

Cocktail Audio X50 in the soundroom, i2s, dual 3TB drives within with all CDs (WAV), hi-res Flac & DSD files. Cocktail X40 (single 3TB drive) in the headphone system & X30 (single 3TB drive) at the shop. That model is a bit slow & clunky in the navigation aspect however the audio never fails.

Adele 30 :smile:

1 Like

When I misread the topic line, I thought, oh, no - ā€œchaā€ streaming - another term Iā€™ve never heard of.

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Like this from Roon / Qobuz? Iā€™m not sure how to get the actual link

2 Likes

Deleted

1 Like

Qobuz is a really immersive site and when mixed with Roon is more than enough to keep me busy listening.

3 Likes

Agreed. I had both Qobuz and Tidal for almost a year and then six months or so dropped Tidal for music preference reasons. Qobuz has steadily built out their catalog. The discount for download purchasing is excellent. Especially when they are running ā€œsalesā€ on various artists and labels.

2 Likes

I have to check them out. Plus with Sonore roon has to do the unfold. that just bothers me for some reason. I need to get my play lists over to qobuz.

With roon I never know what I am going to stream and that is the whole fun of it. so many things in my playlists (for car rides) are things I never heard of before. Its so much fun.

Last night it was Gregory Porter. Never heard of him (probably should have) and just let the system play all his songsā€¦ was great hearing new things.

2 Likes

So glad you discovered Gregory Porter. Did you listen to ā€œBe Goodā€? Itā€™s amazing.

I think you an I are on the same page about Tidal. I just donā€™t see the need for more technology with streaming gear, nor do I want to pay for licensing the tech in a DAC, Streamer, or even the music I am streaming. It just seems to be an unnecessary technology.

ā€œhey, there goes the A trainā€¦ā€

Man, it doesnā€™t get any better for me.

1 Like

I have not heard that whole album. I may have heard songs in the Roon hits list. I will def. check it out. Thanks.

1 Like

I suggest you listen to it while the house and you are quiet. If you drink, pour yourself your favorite, sit in your sweet spot, and enjoy.

1 Like

Heā€™s quite a singer; donā€™t miss his rendition of ā€œAfro Blueā€ with Harold Mabern.

1 Like

I have both Roon and Qubuz envy. I shoulda snagged a lifetime roon before it hit the price of a tank of gasā€¦ :flushed:

2 Likes