TigerFox or circular room

We all know that the room is important for listening experience.

Have a look at Jay from Jays audiolab, the reviewer of some of the better high end equipment on his youtube-channel, listening to music sitting in a TigerFox diffusor set up.

Q: Have anyone made a circular diffusor listening solution in a more full sized version? (like wife friendly designed space for a 3-person sofa and walk paths) All room treatment are usually just fitted on the wall or in corners.

Jays audio lab in side the TigerFox room treatment

I wish Buckminster Fuller had had time to get into audio and acoustic design…

2 Likes

I don’t believe it will work in a larger room. The circular walls need to be in close proximity to your ears, and the speakers have to fire directly into the opening. This is just a nifty trick, but not practical at all.

I respect that he makes a great living on YouTube, but I think he is a tool.

3 Likes

Thirty years ago I worked for a few months at an architecture firm where the drafting room was a large, circular space bound by windows. It was probably twice the diameter of the Fuller building in the photo. The center of that room was a miserable place to be. All kinds of zingy, zippy and unwanted sounds. It was slap echo on steroids.

Is he screwing with us?!? I’d like to hammer at him until I pry it out of him.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I encountered him many times at Axpona and i never acknowledged him at all. I really prefer to ignore him.

1 Like

I tried to watch one of his videos for the first time the other day. Not for me. I felt like I was watching a bombastic modern day aluminum siding salesman.

2 Likes

I’d pay to watch a joint you tube video Jay’s ASR Lab. Train wreck experience on who has the most humorous opinion and says you’re wrong because………the most times.

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny. They could title the episode “A race to the bottom”.

1 Like