Total DAC Ethernet Cable

I wonder if this cable would make a difference if I substituted it for El Cheapo Ethernet cable I currently have hooked up to the DS/Bridge. Looks like it would be about $500. I think John Darko is reviewing the DS this month. I will be keeping an eye out.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/08/totaldac-announce-filtered-ethernet-cable/

For half the price of that cable, I replaced the switching PS of my Airport Extreme with a linear one, which has the potential to benefit all components hooked up to. It did make an audible difference when playing from my NAS – not the biggest one I’ve ever heard, but clearly there.

I recall reading some time ago that ethernet does not carry as much noise as USB, but I don’t really know if it’s true. There are LAN isolators (Darko mentions one at the end of the review you link to). Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can give us insight into how much of a problem this really is.

magister said For half the price of that cable, I replaced the switching PS of my Airport Extreme with a linear one, which has the potential to benefit all components hooked up to. It did make an audible difference when playing from my NAS -- not the biggest one I've ever heard, but clearly there.
Where did you buy the ps for the Extreme ?

Welborne Labs.

magister said Welborne Labs.
Was thinking maybe WL, but they have some very bad press if you google them on customer experience, like you may not get what you paid for, BBB has a F rating too so I was reluctant to go there. Apparently you had no issues ?

I was aware of the bad press, but I was not able to find a PS I liked better. I was willing to gamble $250 (I would not have done so for an item that cost much more than that) but it worked out; I got the PS, seems to be what I ordered (I didn’t take it apart) and it does the job.