USB Regen

Like I said, I’m sorry I’m not making my point of view clear to you. I never said that my DAC is perfect or that there aren’t a myriad of ways to make it and/or one’s system sound better. But I don’t apologize for trying to explain some of those ways.

Al, dude, time to chill out. I know you are annoyed with the PS Audio community, but Ted? He’s one of the most humble folks here, no reason to pick on him. To think he is closed minded because he hasn’t explored all manner of tweaks is just plain silly. I’m sure he has his hands full working on the firmware, not much time to go off exploring the myriad other tweaks that are available. As you note, Paul has “discovered” USB regenerators, so I’m sure we’ll hear more on that subject. Try to keep an open mind…

And assuming that I haven’t done many of the tweaks, many of them decades ago is silly. I don’t have to try many of them because it’s obvious that they will make a difference, but I don’t need to waste my time on small differences. It’s not an accident that Paul is trying one that makes a bigger differences than most of the others - once again staying away from prebuilt chips and canned solutions and using a new approach may pay off.

Imagine if some smart ass dude came up with a system that could NOT be improved on. Yikes then we’d be really screwed.

Then what would we do with all the $$ and time we saved? Where would all the fun go?

Souza — 'happiness is a journey, not a destination. [passionate debates included]

I guess sometimes our problem is that our correctness voice can get so loud that we cant hear the right answers anymore, even if we would agree with them.

“Enjoy the Music”

Ted I never meant to single you out but I think it’s clear I did my apologies and dinner invite is still an offer form me.

Further I have no right to push what I think is better and demand a response as well. I guess it’s life being a CEO for a lifetime making me no filter like trump. Whom I like as a candidate

no surprise there right. Lol.

I’ll back off.

It’s a but too much that after years of saying they work that now some agree like someone found a bible I wrote two thousand years ago and now sees its virtues.

Ill leave you guys alone to enjoy and not pester just read.

Again sorry for my thoughts and no. I am not mad or upset at life it’s truly how I feel. So not s good time for me to do hostage negotiations

right now. No pending divorce either life is actually good for me.

But maybe my depokote needs increasing a bit

hahahaha

Thanks Al. I suspect that more than a little of our differences come from misunderstandings on each of our parts. And the next time I’m in that neck of the woods I’ll definitely look you up.

Just so all know this the optical cable by Corning does not work with the ds dac. I guess there is no dc bus voltage for the sub input.

Can anything be done about this ?

Again this no big deal and I do understand design goals and there needs

Yes, correct, you’d need the older firmware, Pikes, but then it wouldn’t sound as good.

Thanks for replying but it does work on the main board usb not the audio grade one

in the rear the paulmpnag does not work.

And it sounds very good too.

But this is yake beta

But there is no doubt that the rear sounds better. It has much more detail and rich in over tones. And interned a few dacs so far I honestly do like the ds better than the Hugo some love and its on com too.

The uptime REGEN is ordered and I have the he plex linear psu tomusenthe as well. It’s arrival is some time in sept .