Regen?

Will my system benefit from a REGEN or is it too small?

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with a DAC ifi nano, I have a 4TB WD external HD, I have a B & K Reference 5 S2 Pre Amp and a B & K Reference 200.2 S5 Power amp 225w rms, Also Paradigm system 100 speakers.

jim_1 said Will my system benefit from a REGEN or is it too small?

I have a 2013 MacBook Pro with a DAC ifi nano, I have a 4TB WD external HD, I have a B & K Reference 5 S2 Pre Amp and a B & K Reference 200.2 S5 Power amp 225w rms, Also Paradigm system 100 speakers.

Over on the CA forum people are seeing great results on every type of system. At $175 it’s a no brainer, and if you don’t like what you hear I bet you can sell it for exactly what you paid for it. They are going like hotcakes.

Ifi nano is nice dac I have the micro it’s ok . I use it with one if my servers and without one t the sound change is easy to hear . Money well spent . Tonight I just tried the ifi micro DSd witha speaker setup I am using temporary and it’s nice. Not as good as DS but still,nice .

Hope this helps you . I orded one as well.

I recently got a Regen and connected it to my DS DAC USB port being feed from my Mac Mini. I wanted this as I’m running Roon on the mini and wanted to see if It would help the SQ. I have to say I’m am very surprised and happy with the results. It’s a great upgrade and the SQ it brings to the table is well worth the $175. If your planning to stream via USB I highly recommend picking one up.

T

I’m just receive my Regen and i very happy,

just One major problem…DSD dont work …:frowning:

pouvez vous m’aider…Gordon…help

merci

Put a post up on computer audiophile . Of no one here can help.

Let,us know

It’s ok now. My Jriver20 configuration option change.

Now it’s ok, but i’m not shure my song is beter.

I burn the key for 24 hrs and i give you a rapport tonignt

Tky

Are you using a server or what ever ?

For ne I do not expect there to an improvement

froma good server. I have some say it still helps and maybe it does but this means there server is below par for the task.

I think this is a good product for all who do not have a good server. The masses use a laptop a big no no period but they prevail. I go to shows to listen to hi end stuff mega bucks and see laptops. It’s a shame. Even Paul our leader and knows far more does not own one

this does not make him wrong or me right

and it shows this dac has great quality from most any source. But servers or Usb converters are a must for the best projection

of our music.

I very much want your post later

4T EXTERNAL NETWORK, Lap top with jrever20, Usb cable Nordost 2M,

Do you have a couple good example server compatible with DSD PS

I recently got a Regen. I haven’t tried it yet with my PSDS but I have tried it in two other systems. One using a Mac Mini headless server running Roon via Wireworld Platinum USB to a dCS Upsampler/DAC. The other used an Aurender server into a Berkley Reference DAC, I’m not sure which USB cable was involved because it was at a dealer. In the case of the dCS system the Regen made no noticeable difference. With the Berkley it actually degraded the sound. I’m not sure what, if any, conclusions to draw but will see if I can hear a difference with my PS Audio DAC which is normally fed via AES from an Aries.

Try an let us know . I have tried a few USB converters always with positive improvment until the Hugo and DS dac both were hurt by them.

But the REGEN I thought is not a true converter. But who knows. I do not expect it to help beyond a server but we will see. . There are some who post positive with a DS dac. As you are using a laptop I expect improvment . Please post for us .

I have reported good results but yes I’m running from a very modest laptop as my tweaked Mini is out for repair.

I want to clarify a statement I have made a few times.

When I say laptops are not good I mean for dsd

pcm weather it’s clean or not works fine and only on loud hinted complex music does this become obvious unless you knew what to Karen for or know the magic very well.

During these passages the staging can move or become blurry. The over stsging may move around.

Now on dsd it’s different or sound ok but it’s not how good dsd sounds it does not blur it’s just not clean and shiny without being Fatiging.

I think now that the ds does good dsd with the past couple of firmwares a regen and an I7 cpu can give a good showing of this fine dac

an I5 is just not good enough for me and I have heard many and have pointed this out in person to them. Even a laptop with a an I7 beats up a desktop with an I5 on dsd.

but laptops in general for me loose the hi end details this dac Can give us.

I DID A LITTLE PLAYING LAST NIGHT AFTER 24 HRS BURN THE REGEN

I THINK I’LL LOVE

I’M ADJUSTING THE BUFFER A 250 MILLISECOND FOR HD AND DSD SONG, (BEFORE 100 MS)

TOMORROW EVENING, I RECEIVE 5 PEOPLE FOR A EVENING LISTENING FOR 3 HOURS

THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT I HAVE A REGEN

1 HRS AFTER LISTENING I WILL REMOVE THE REGEN AND CHECK THE COMMENTS

I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE REACTION, AND I GIVE YOU A RAPPORT

There is a thread on the device and it may contain settings and there meanings.

Glad it’s making an improvement.

Mans there is no system too small for a cheap device like this. I can hear improvements with CIEMS and they do not have the resolution of good speakers or headphones

enjoy

magog said

TOMORROW EVENING, I RECEIVE 5 PEOPLE FOR A EVENING LISTENING FOR 3 HOURS

THEY DO NOT KNOW THAT I HAVE A REGEN

AND YOU DID NOT INVITE ME???? I could have brought Al and we could introduce him to poutine too.
g

very serious

I just had a cancellation and I still have a place for tomorrow. I would like you to come Gordon,

1:15 hrs from Champlain bridge

you come?? I have a red wind for you. :)

Audio quest jitter bug anyone ???

Just tried the jitterbug in conjunction with the Regen with the DS:

Jitterbug>Jcat USB cable>Regen>DS

Amazing !!! Vocals have never been better, background really quiet, improved SQ across the frequency range.

[excess quote deleted]

I have two Jitterbugs on order to compliment my Regen. Love the reviews.