What are you spinning now? Mark 17

With the look of you have what I want!

3 Likes

5 Likes

I LOVE these guys! Heard them in concert several years ago and they are great. One of my favorite live performances ever is the song “Thoroughly African Man” from the album Chuckin’ the Frizz. It’s a phenomenal song to begin with, but play it sometime for someone and don’t tell them it’s live - they’ll get to the end and drop jaw, guaranteed.

2 Likes

Chet Baker “On a Misty Night” Prestige cd

[IMG]

7 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

The Fleshtones - Speed Connection: Live in Paris '85

5 Likes

finishing up disc 1…nice, long listening session ahead.

7 Likes

Vinyl

… or CD.

Our weather is most conducive to a nice long listening session. Enjoying my vinyl session now.

6 Likes

DSCN1642

10 Likes

disc 3

6 Likes

Gabor Varga consistently creates interesting music. He’s at it once again here.

8 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

Yo La Tengo I Am Not Afraid of You and I will Beat Your Ass

6 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

I try

5 Likes

As usual, Saturday Evening in this house means Piano House Mixtape thingy, at least for a little while.

Awfully repetitive, sometimes dreadful, but occasionally truly brilliant beats/rhythms, and of course Piano breaks etc.

Taps the sign - I don’t, and have never danced, either in public or private, and that really is a good thing. Nevertheless the intricate polyrhythms of a well executed dance mix interest me as much as the polyrhythms of Mr. Reich et al, assuming I can take the inevitable “4 on the floor” bass drum.

It’s all good fun.

Listening on an Amazon Alexa spherical type of thing in the kitchen - Mrs Joma and Son/Heir are both away for a few days, so of course the HiFi is in pieces all over the floor, and the other living room (the one with the TV and so on) is now full of all the extra stuff usually shoved into corners in the HiFi room.

This Alexa person is not very bright, misunderstands me often, and sometimes will not shut up (do not go there folks) but it is something to talk at.

This is when I really miss the dog: although Jess never played 6 Music at me she was definitely more entertaining than a digital assistant :slight_smile:

7 Likes