6 Moons Review Is Out

Here’s the link http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/psaudio/1.html.

They loved it!

They sure did. I’m not really a fan of their reviews, but I hope this helps PS Audio.

Hey, he said “real” … I have a patent on that!

Remember, however, the many comments of the lack of substance of the review, as reflected in the bland choice of the non-descriptor “real”:

Duke of Earl:

"Their motto should be "We love words -- and we use them to convey audio ideas -- as unclearly as we know how."

ErikM:

"We love words and use as many as possible, while saying as close to nothing as we can"

-and-

". . . . after I finished reading the review it I felt as if I'd just finished drinking a decaf coffee..light and lacking substance.. 

Marja and Henk should have simply declared, “Moar Real” . . . and stopped.

(They used to write nutty, off-the-wall reviews. They have become very tame.)

gordon said Hey, he said "real" ................ I have a patent on that!
You can't patent a word. You must have meant "trademark".

I agree the review is positive, but vague.

Must have been an inside joke.

stevem2 said

I agree the review is positive, but vague.

Limiting one’s descriptive vocabulary to “real” leads to this result.

Starting to think about it, there are likely a lot of service marks/trademarks containing real; “It’s the Real Thing,” e.g.

But no patents. :)

Wow… Not the hardest review to read, but not the easiest either. Are 6 moons reviews paid by the word or by the letter?? Or: why use 10 words when 50 will do almost as well?

Anyway, it is a positive review even if challenging to decipher and one observation that is fairly consistent with general observations about the DirectStream is that it retrieves details that few other DACs do.

Now, where’s that winning lottery ticket? :slight_smile:

J.P.

Actually I would submit that, in this case, there is a strong argument that “copyright” may be more appropriate.

Your honor,

My client, in using the word “real” [actually more real] and in the direct context of description of the DS SQ, has endured pain and suffering, loss of sleep and continued [playful] abuse to the extent that it now openly associates him with the word as if they were one in the same and therefore constitutes ownership in the aforementioned context.

Subsequently Audiophile bloggers as well as professional reviewers have continued to use this term, in the same context, without the express permission of the owner and for their own amusement and profit.

We therefore request damages of 2 Billion USD for suffering and penalties but will also throw in the LA Clippers for good will.

Yours truly

Donald Sterling

Doh!24_gif

gordon said Actually I would submit that, in this case, there is a strong argument that "copyright" may be more appropriate. * * * Subsequently Audiophile bloggers as well as professional reviewers have continued to use this term, in the same context, without the express permission of the owner and for their own amusement and profit.
Let he who has never stolen a word or phrase cast the first lawsuit. Let's hope their answer to the complaint is not written by the reviewers themselves or we'll never understand what their defense is.
gordon said Actually I would submit that, in this case, there is a strong argument that "copyright" may be more appropriate.

Your honor,

My client, in using the word “real” [actually more real] and in the direct context of description of the DS SQ, has endured pain and suffering, loss of sleep and continued [playful] abuse to the extent that it now openly associates him with the word as if they were one in the same and therefore constitutes ownership in the aforementioned context.

Subsequently Audiophile bloggers as well as professional reviewers have continued to use this term, in the same context, without the express permission of the owner and for their own amusement and profit.

We therefore request damages of 2 Billion USD for suffering and penalties but will also throw in the LA Clippers for good will.

Yours truly

Donald Sterling

I guess after he sells the Clippers for $2B Sterling can buy the Lakers, too.

–SSW

I guess after he sells the Clippers for $2B Sterling can buy the Lakers, too.

We Canadians are less au-courant about basketball, other than surprisingly having invented it…

Correction made, thanks.

Don’t forget, at least 2 med Pros have certified him as no longer having a full deck.

Sadly, Often I too have moments that relate. must be the firmware tests.

At least the Beta team will get a taste now as we move forward. pulling-hair_gif

The DS review in TAS will surface in the #245 Sept/Oct issue.

Frode said The DS review in TAS will surface in the #245 Sept/Oct issue.
Current issue that just arrived is 244, so there are no more before Sept ?

The current issue is July/August. I think TAS publishes10 times a year.

rogerdn said
Frode said The DS review in TAS will surface in the #245 Sept/Oct issue.

Current issue that just arrived is 244, so there are no more before Sept ?

Present issue is July/August.

Next comes Sept/Oct

Not sure of the next one though.