Any experience with Linn Selekt DSM?

I’m considering buying a Linn Selekt DSM to replace my DS Jr DAC.
Have any of you guys tried Linn streamer/DAC/pre?

For the money, I’d much prefer the Cambridge Audio Edge NQ. Great quality all round, fully loaded and incredible value. The Selekt is over-priced, the only thing it has that the NQ doesn’t is Linn’s DSP.

Price is the same in Norway.
Is the sound quality better on Cambridge?

Selekt DSM with Katalyst is a great value for the money. IMHO. Selekt modular design is a great idea. You can start with the base model and add a better DAC in the future. Katalyst totally worth the extra charge.

1 Like

Resurrecting this older thread. The Grimm MU2 discussion sent me on a deep search. I really like the idea of one box replacing my pre-amp, DAC, and streamer. For me the MU2 (and almost every other streaming pre-amp) won’t work, even if Grimm eventually includes DLNA compatibility: I need a fixed audio out to drive my outside system.

The Linn Selekt DSM looks like it checks all the boxes

• Fixed volume out through an SPDIF jack (I can buy a cheap DAC for this)
  • Seemingly great DAC, I would buy the dual mono Organik
  • Roon certified and tested
  • DLNA compatible (I am 98% sure it would work with JRiver)
  • Price is close enough to what I can sell the gear it would replace for
  • Nice looking piece that would fit into my home rack very nicely
  • Meets my domestic content preference (Brits work for me, I own KEF Reference 1 Meta speakers already)

Thanks for any input. Pretty sure I’m attending AXPONA and will look hard at the Linn room, among others. I have two big audio moves in me before retiring: this (or something close) and a final pair of speakers.

1 Like

I had the Linn Selekt DSM with “Katalyst DAC” for a couple of years. It replaced my PSA DS Jr an BHK Pre, it was a downgrade.

I considered upgrading to Organic DAC when it was released but the upgrade costed double of the price of Selekt DSM. I managed to sell my Linn streamer and will not buy Linn again with their current price model.

1 Like

Hmmm