Any M1200 reviews due

I am writing up the PF review on the M1200 now and want to add my accolade for the P12. As I stated earlier in this thread, I’m buying the M1200 for my long term review system because it is THAT good! I had other “power conditioning” at work for the bulk of my listening sessions, but last month I got the P12 in house. Holy smokes people! I’m pretty well astonished by the improvements the P12 made.

I was thinking that my new place built just three years ago might have a power problem. I would have to wait until late at night for any critical listening. Earlier in the day, my system just didn’t sound right - a smaller, flattened soundstage and a very noticeable loss of resolution. I built the new place in a part of town that has some major industry just down the road from me and I thought that during business hours, quite possibly, some of these industrial businesses were back-feeding crap into the power lines. Then again, I had multiple power conditioners in play (including a Tice Power Block II Signature), so maybe I was making all this up. Short answer- I wasn’t! The P12 showed that my incoming power during the day had as high as 7.0% THD!! With the P12, I can now enjoy great sound any time of the day… and it’s even noticeably better very late at night. With outgoing power of 0.1% THD, I’m hearing a bigger, more focused soundstage and better micro and macro dynamics. It’s not subtle.

In my opinion, the M1200’s and the P12 together have delivered the best one-two sound improvement punch I’ve experienced in the 30 years I’ve been doing this stuff.

10 Likes