Any M1200 reviews due

Any new M1200 updates? It’s been quiet again. Happy Labor Day!

Reviews still in process. It takes time and with this product launch we felt it more important to get our customers “fed” M1200s first, reviewers second. Sometimes, with a newer product we do the opposite, but not this time.

Hi Paul, I was looking for more from current M1200 owners. I’m a m700 owner looking for a possible upgrade. Seems from what I’ve read so far the M1200 has closed the gap bringing the performance even closer to that of the bhk line!

I think many that have upgraded from 700s to 1200s are very pleased. Actually, take that back, I know they are. As you would imagine, we’ve had A LOT of folks trade their 700s in for the 1200s. Of these, I can’t think of a single person decide to stay with the 700s because they didn’t deem the upgrade worth it.

Close to BHK? Certainly. The 250 still has the edge on them though.

I traded my M700s on a pair of M1200s. Well worth it. I was happy with the M700s but I figured I had nothing to lose since I could audition them in my home for 30 days. They do take a while to settle in and sound their best. I’ve never heard the BHK series. I don’t feel incline to try either because I’d probably want them. The M1200s fill a sweet spot in the amplifier world, in my opinion. Many of the amps I had lusted after in my youth I couldn’t pick up on my own and I damn sure can’t now. I do like to take all my equipment out of it’s custom cabinet and dust periodically. With the M1200s I can do that. I call it practicality meets hi end. I put off buying my M700s until I read a professional review. Not so with the M1200s. I just took a leap of faith, bought them and have never looked back. I’ll be curious to read a professional review but I view them as guidelines only. Those guys and gals have systems worth more than my house in dedicated rooms that probably also cost more than my house. The M1200s are everyday products for everyday people. I’ll confess the Stellar range is just about my price cap so I’ll probably never look further. I would be seriously interested in anything else PSA builds for that line. Maybe a Stellar 2 channel pre-amp to replace my aging Mark Levinson No.28?

1 Like

Thanks David! This says a lot about their performance. Not just compared to the M700s but simply amps on their own. Glad you’re loving them!

Thank you for sharing your M1200 experience. If you upgrade your preamp try to get a BHK. If a new one is too expensive than you can find a good used one for $2700-$3300 and well worth that!

1 Like

As the originator of this thread I guess I’m somewhat remiss in not sharing my M1200 experience.

Upgraded from the M700s around a month ago and am VERY happy :grinning:

Spent periods in the first couple weeks listening to music and just smiling at my system as I listened in wonder at what I was hearing.

I’m still a bit irked at the lack of reviews. But they are terrific and a very significant improvement over the M700s.

Cheers,
Alan

2 Likes

You are CORRECT Grasshopper in your evaluation !!!

Tongue-in-cheek bigalmc: You don’t need no stinken reviews to tell you it sounds good!

Haha - but the old nervosa is a demanding mistress :grinning:

Come on, guys. I just got my M700s into the system this morning! :wink:

4 Likes

I can search for it but I posted on here about how the M700s kicked the ass off my previous amps. There’s defo nothing wrong with them.

1 Like

Just curious. Since you already have some, why are you irked that there are no reviews?

1 Like

Because I enjoy reading the reviews and I had to make a major purchase decision on a leap of faith.

Not a big deal at all. But I’d have preferred a couple second opinions from outside this community.

The thing that I like about this community, or family, in reviewing versus outsiders, is that we (collective we) are reveiwing and comparing directly to and with other PS Audio products that we all have a baseline of performance. When someone discusses the M700 and what it can do, and then compares the qualities that the M1200’s bring, that information offers way more value to me than a professional reviewer (I have a pair of the M700 monoblocks). There was also a beta tester that compared the M1200 to much more expensive Mark Levinson monoblocks, which I think provided more of the type insight you’re looking for.

Yeah, the reviews on here led to me buying them. But I enjoy reading about HiFi and would have preferred some professional reviews as well.

1 Like

Worth noting, in the Stereophile that came out yesterday the M700’s are still in their “A” rated recommended components along with the BHK Monoblocks

2 Likes

Yes, I saw that (that’s about all I saw - the post office ripped to shreds the cover and everything up to page 72, and then put it in one of their “sorry about that” bags). I had already ordered mine last week when I went back and happened upon their Class A listing in the spring recommended components issue, right there next to the BHK 300s. It was a nice surprise. I’m all about validation. :wink: :laughing:

1 Like

What do you think of the M700?