Best Audiophile Bruce Springsteen recordings

Do report back so we know if your plan worked!

I wish you luck, Sir.

You are going to need it. In my experience, “audiophile” sound quality and recordings by The Boss don’t generally go together.

If you find a Unicorn (great Springsteen recording that sounds good at volume on a quality Hi-Fi), please do let us know.

And, I hope your mission proves successful.

:wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the well-wishes, scotte1. I concur that we don’t normally associate Springsteen with the audiophile world - it’s not what he’s about - he probably finds that having a more rough-hewn quality to his recordings is more consistent with his agenda. One thing I thought of is that his third most recent album Western Stars has a recording approach that seems a cut above others - I need to go back and listen from that standpoint. And as for my “mission,” remember that I’m just trying to impress the wife. She’ll probably shrug and go back to singing along with Bruce in the car, but at least I’ll try.

Where the band almost always sounds great cranked up with the windows down…

Bruce Springsteen’s saxaplone player Clarence Clemons has an album with excellent sonics

I prefer to enjoy music that I like that is well recorded and sounds great on my system to enduring extremely well record music that is of no interest to me just because it sounds good.

1 Like

I’m not a huge Springsteen fan so I’m not that familiar with all of his stuff, but The Big Muddy is a favorite and a great sounding track for showing off stereo separation and imaging.