BHK 250 - not working

Dear Brain trust,

My 250 has no lights whatsoever. I just checked the fuses and the T250V-2AH fuse is open. The other three fuses on the back all short as expected. Of course I don’t have a spare. I thought I did, but I was sadly mistaken. I will have spares tomorrow :wink:

Any ideas why this fuse would blow? The only thing I have connected that some might not is a trigger from a BHK Pre. In all the years I’ve been poking at this hobby, I don’t think that I have ever had a fuse fail.

Thanks in advance,
Vince

Sorry to hear. This never happens when SR offers the buy 2 get 1 free fuse special!

1 Like

I have had fuses fail just a couple of times, each time with no apparent reason.

I do not worry about it and simply replace the fuse, glad its predecessor gave its life potentially avoiding damage.

3 Likes

Any reason why I shouldn’t temporarily use a glass fuse vs a ceramic fuse until I get my hands on ceramic replacements?

No. Just make sure they’re the same blow type and amperage.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the quick reply!

Glass won’t be a problem at all. Were you able to get ahold of our team to have them ship you out some replacements?

I’ve been emailing a nice fellow named James Herod about purchasing them. I haven’t heard back.

1 Like

Oh, that guy has no idea what he’s doing. You won’t want to work with him. I’ll see what I can do to have him respond. :smile:

7 Likes

Whiz Kid the wise acre guy :smile:

1 Like

While it’s been widely documented elsewhere in the forum, to the point where you might believe that posts exclaiming all of James’ virtues might be posted by him, I can confirm that they are all true. I would like to add that not only is he smart and has incredible customer service skills, he’s handsome and witty as well! :wink:

Thanks James for your help with my 250. I picked up a few 2A slow blow from a local electronics shop and am back in business. I will swap them out with the original spec when they arrive.

Take care,
Vince

5 Likes

Yep Vince Jamesh the “whiz kid” is one special dude and
dearly appreciated by all of us…

5 Likes

Ha, thanks guys, really means a lot! Keep it going though, Paul needs to see this. My review is coming up in a month… :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

Maybe we can get you your own parking space!

3 Likes

You deserve a Tesla truck!

The aesthetic takes a while to grow on you but the tech is amazing.

3 Likes

Wait! Review? Hmmm… For the small price of a delivered, new PP20 I can write a user story that will make your yet to be born grandchildren blush.

5 Likes

James is great! Always there for the PS Audio customer! Here is my contribution.

@jamesh @Paul

9 Likes

Should add a PS: All others will be forced to listen to bad speakers.

1 Like

Well done!

3 Likes

I’ve got a question that’s semi off topic.

I have a 230v BHK 250, and replaced one of the mains fuses with a 2A SR Orange fuse, where the specification is for a 1.6A.

Is this a big problem? Is there any impact on sound quality? The amp sounds and works fine, but not sure if I’m reaching full potential or not.

Thanks,
Andrew