BHK 250 Reviews

I’m unable to find any reviews on the 250.

Would be grateful if someone can point me to any reviews that have been done.

Sorry. There are none. We have one 250 out for review right now. I’ll be sure and announce the result when it’s available.

Are you free to tells us to whom you sent the amp for review?

Curious minds and all.

Could be these guys

Positive Feedback

Elk said Are you free to tells us to whom you sent the amp for review?

Curious minds and all.

I am not allowed to but I’d say DoggieHowser might be sniffing a good scent.

:slight_smile:

It’s on their Facebook page :slight_smile: so I guess the cat is out of the bag

And who, exactly, is bagging all of these poor cats?

I finally got the BHK Stereo 250s for a home demo.

My current set up

A MacBookPro SSD with USB Regen

PS Audio DirectStream DAC

Audio Research Reference 5SE

Electrocompaniet Nemo AW600

Thiel CS3.7

in parallel I have the Thiel S1 Sub Integrator with a pair of SmartSub 2.2s.

I swapped the SilverSmith XLR leads from the Nemos to the BHK 250s.

And the BHK was every bit as good as the reviews said. From the first track.

Despite being down on power on paper over the Nemos, the BHK never showed it. The bass was even more tightly controlled. But what wowed me was the immediacy of the music. There was a sense of life to the music. And energy behind the voices. The midrange just came alive. The sense of realism in the vocals was uncanny. I can’t wait to hear how the 300 monos sounds. And see how the BHK pre compares to the Audio Research Ref 5SE.

Just continues to impress. The way the instruments hang in mid air across the soundstage… it’s just astounding.

The BHK has that same familial trait as the DirectStream I love - the ability to resolve complex arrangements. Even when there are a dozen or more tracks mixed in together, I’m still able to delineate that string instrument and that background vocals that would normally get obscured in most systems.

Its like -“wait for it” - listening to that song for the first time. Rediscovering my favorite songs. What better way to spend an afternoon before Christmas.

Also remarkable is the initial attack and transients of most instruments, that split second when the drums are hit or when the guitar strings are plucked.

Bliss.

DoggieHowser said Just continues to impress. The way the instruments hang in mid air across the soundstage... it's just astounding.
Indeed! So glad you have a chance to hear then express how good this amp is. It's Bascom's masterpiece!
DoggieHowser said Also remarkable is the initial attack and transients of most instruments, that split second when the drums are hit or when the guitar strings are plucked.
For me, this is critically important as the attack transient defines the sound of acoustic instruments. The slightly sharp attack of a trumpet, the chiff of a flute, the sound of a violin string as it initial breaks free from the drag of the bow hair.
DoggieHowser said Just continues to impress. The way the instruments hang in mid air across the soundstage... it's just astounding.
Yeah, this. Though I have the monoblocks, the combo of the preamp and the amps is just amazing for soundstage depth and width, air, and the illusion.