BHK M600s--do yours run too hot to touch the heatsinks?

I received mine just this week… I was surprised how hot the heatsinks got–too hot to hold more than an ‘instant’–after idling an hour or so.

Is that normal?

Anyone know the 8-Ohm power output still in class-A?

Mine don’t run very hot at all, although I don’t check that much. I can keep fingers on for several seconds at least but have not tried to see if it becomes too hot to continue. I usually listen fairly loud but even then they don’t get that hot. However they do raise the room temp a bit. Room is 25’ x 31’.

Congrats on the 600’s. The heat sinks should be warm to the touch but not hot, even when “on”.
If you have a temp gun, measure the middle of the heat sinks, all four, and share that info with service tomorrow. They will be able to tell you if you are in normal range or not.

I think the class A output on the 600’s is for the first watt or two.

Amazon.com: AC Infinity AIRCOM T9, Quiet Cooling Fan System 17" Top-Exhaust for Receivers, Amps, DVR, AV Cabinet Components : Electronics I found these to be very helpful. They warm up my room. 12x16.

Thx, Winston, but the problem isn’t getting the heat out of the amp, it’s that the amps dump so much heat into my c. 3200CF room that I had to add another floorfan to keep the room cool enough in March!

I would definitely say something is not right, it shouldn’t be that hot at idle, especially with the size of the heatsinks.