BHK 250 temp

Perhaps Paul or Bascom can address this, I would like to know the normal temp range when the amp is on standby and when it is playing music. Thank you and your feedback is greatly appreciated!

You mean to ask in degrees? I have never measured it. In standby mode, tubes off and front panel logo light off, the amp runs quite warm to the touch, but not hot. In operate mode, it’s quite a lot warmer. I just use my hand on it - and in operate mode, once it’s been on for some time, the heat sink’s almost too hot to hold my hand on for any length of time.

Thanks Paul. I thought your engineering dept will have that data available. My situation is similar to yours for both standby and operation mode. I think I am keeping my BHK 250, it is still breaking in but it is sounding better and better every day when I go home.

Excellent! 105_gif I know the engineers actually do have that info but I don’t. I suppose I could get off my lazy ass and go ask…4_gif

Paul,

Thank you once again. Any updates on the PS Audio speakers project? Will start saving money for that21_gif

Not much - stuck in the mud with drivers. Arnie wants an exotic driver - and can’t decide which: a carbon fiber/Kevlar sandwich or titanium. We have have tooling made for both so we can decide. 20_gif

I was excited when I first heard the news. I passed on buying a used pair of IRS beta because of lack of support. I am confident that you guys will stand behind the speakers when they are out.