BHK Mono first listen

erikm said Hi Paul,

I was wondering if you ever finished upgrading the IRS’s ? I know a few months back you were recapping or something like that and you were going to rewire since the old Monster Cable was turning green :-) Curious how that all turned out?

No, they are being worked on. If you go to our Instagram Page you can see pictures of the new crossovers being built as well as pictures of the new BHK Signature preamplifier.

If you like the pictures, sign up for Instagram and you’ll get the updates of new pictures when we post them.

Paul McGowan said
Frode said So, now the mono's are going to Munich?

Nope, not enough time. We’ll do monos in Newport.

Great that you are coming to Newport will; you be showing a proto of the preamp also? what speakers will you use in your room

magicknow

Legacy Focus SE and we will be in their room, one of three speaker pairs.

The preamp will not be going.

Is there a beta for the monos for the 230V market? :) I want in!!

Have been watching the videos you posted - the event with Mr King and Mr Nudell plus the 5 part interview you recorded.

I really admire the passion these guys share and when they mentioned “emotion” in music, I almost choked :) these days, so many people talk abt specs and measurements but what appeals most to me is how the music makes me feel.

DoggieHowser said Is there a beta for the monos for the 230V market? :) I want in!!

Have been watching the videos you posted - the event with Mr King and Mr Nudell plus the 5 part interview you recorded.

I really admire the passion these guys share and when they mentioned “emotion” in music, I almost choked :) these days, so many people talk about specs and measurements but what appeals most to me is how the music makes me feel.

Hey DoggieHowser, I couldn’t have said it better!

Kind regards,

Bascom

No kidding. Here, here!

Paul McGowan said No kidding. Here, here!
I am going to have a long chat with Mike from Magenta when he gets back.

Wish me luck.

:)

An honor to be here, Paul and Bascom.

With best regards

Aiden

Bascom,

Now that you have the BHK 300 monoblocks would you please give us your initial impressions compared to the stereo version? So far every impression posted of the stereo version has been very positive and even if Paul’s comments on the differences are 90% hyperbole (I’m sure they’re not), those of us waiting for our beta pair are in for a real treat.

Hear, hear! (no pun intended) :) I think we’re all crossing our fingers at this point that BHK’s testing is going swimmingly and he’ll give the okay to start building our beta units…very excited to hear from BHK

patentpending said Hear, hear! (no pun intended) I think we're all crossing our fingers at this point that BHK's testing is going swimmingly and he'll give the okay to start building our beta units...very excited to hear from BHK
Guys, I hate to say this but I only got one mono to check out and measure. Horsing one of these amps around it hard enough but two -maybe further down the line. At some point, hopefully soon, Arnie Nudell will get a chance to report on their sound.
BHK said
Guys, I hate to say this but I only got one mono to check out and measure. Horsing one of these amps around it hard enough but two -maybe further down the line. At some point, hopefully soon, Arnie Nudell will get a chance to report on their sound.
Well one is better than none BHK can you update us on how your unit is testing so far?

I had been told PS audio was trying to ship the first units to beta testers this week (not a hard commitment).

edorr said I had been told PS audio was trying to ship the first units to beta testers this week (not a hard commitment).
per Scott Schroeder it's looking like mid-next week barring any issue. I did talk him into taking some pics for us of one being built. Maybe i can get him to post something here in the forum.

Hopefully Paul will send his demo disc to the mono testers at the same time as or before the amps so they can listen to those tracks using their existing amps before pulling them out and putting the BHKs in to compare.

That would be a good idea. My current amps, while not as heavy as the BHK 300’s are not that easy to move around. I’d hate to have to swap them and the new ones in and out several times.

My old amp weights 95 pounds and had already been moved two floors down to the basement (and all the way across the basement) when the demo disc came. At least I hadn’t boxed it up yet.

My pre Spectral class As were over 150lbs each. Could not move them by myself.

stevem2 said Hopefully Paul will send his demo disc to the mono testers at the same time as or before the amps so they can listen to those tracks using their existing amps before pulling them out and putting the BHKs in to compare.
Demo disc, manual, and Paul's "tasting notes" on the tracks are on the way! The initial plan had been to ship everything as one with the monos, but giving you guys time to familiarize with the tracks just makes good sense.

And as for the pictures, I missed the Newport monos when engineering had them, but I do have a couple shots of a stereo on the test bench. Sorry about the poor quality on the shots - I had to be quick before the engineers chased me off.

Sure is electrical stuff in there.

When do you add the magic smoke?

Those pics were snapped while Puff was on a break.